Saturday, March 5, 2011

random ramblings

After writing that mommy post and generating one comment, I decided I should change something.

I shouldn't try to write in my blog to generate comments. I should just write in it for me.

And if someone comments, awesome. If not? Big whoop.

So, here's to writing in MY blog for ME.

I guess I don't really have much to say. Other than I'm pretty sure it was pouring rain for about 7 hours last night. It was lovely laying in bed listening to it pound down. Too bad we're in an apartment on the second floor so we don't get the full effect... At least our backyard is a forest so it amplifies the sound.

Also, I love the TV show Chuck.

Especially while eating ice cream. And snuggling my hubby.

And sometimes I eat lots of cookies while watching Biggest Loser.

If we can survive next week, we may be able to survive anything. Hubby has 6 tests in 5 days. Looks like a mall walking and dinner alone kinda week.

Good thing I have a baby to keep me company... Sometimes I get really, really lonely.

Is it so lame that going to Costco or Target to just walk around is exciting to me?

Maybe because I need to be around people.
I wish I knew more people here who are in my same situation.
Or maybe I just wish I knew what the people I know do all day.
Maybe I think just because they have more than one kid they're too busy to hang out with me.
What do mom's with more than one kid do all day?
Do they "hang out" with another mom who has only one tiny baby?
It feels weird to call one of those mom's and say "I'm bored. What're you doing? Wanna hang out?"
And it's not warm enough to call and say "Wanna go to the park? Or to the zoo?"
I guess I'll never know what they do unless I ask.

Also, I feel really young sometimes...
...and by sometimes I mean, all the time. Almost.

I think I'll take a nap.

p.s. I love Burt's Bees baby shampoo & lotion. It makes my baby smell delicious!

5 comments:

  1. Love it! I really enjoy reading your blog and seeing the pictures, i'm just not always good at telling you that! I can't wait until I have my own "favorites" after this little girl comes. I loved hearing about yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can call me anytime to hang out. Most of the time if Emma is awake we are just hanging out at home, or doing lots of shopping. This month we are spending no extra money so shopping is out, we will need to find something else to do with our time! So feel free to call us when you get bored or need some adult time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karissa! I love reading your blog. It is fun, and honest, and cute! And, I also hate how loneliness does not run on a schedule. If it did you could plan ahead and say, "Oh, well I know I am going to be lonely on Tuesday so I will make plans for Tuesday." Loneliness is random and most people's social schedules are not. Hate. That.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally know how it feels to get excited to walk around Target. My husband worked there as a teenager and when i'm super bored I ask him his opinion on driving half an hour just to walk around Target. Since he worked there he thinks it's super lame. Oh well, he gets to get out during the day and I don't!!

    We haven't had a single day over 40 degrees since Nathan was born in November. I can't wait to take walks with him and use our stroller somewhere other than inside! He has no idea that people spend time outside. He doesn't know how fun it is to play outside! Weird! I guess it's a good thing since we don't have a yard :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I SO remember this phase! Definitely call people. Chances are they are running after a two year old and wishing there was someone to talk to while chasing them. I made some of my best friends by calling people to see if they wanted to hang out. Most of the time they were bored too!

    ReplyDelete