Monday, March 21, 2011

Re-commitment

I just realized I do not have a recent photo of myself. I take a billion of my baby and my hubby, but none with me in them.

This is not a recent picture.
It was taken almost 2 years ago.
Doesn't my hair look awesome?
And isn't my man so sexy? (he tans so nicely)
I love this picture.





Saturday was a glorious day.
My baby slept until 4:30 and then woke again at 7:30.
I couldn't get back to sleep after 7:30, so I did something I have not done in months.

GYM.

It was delightful!!!!!!
I hate running. But I also love it.
I felt pretty accomplished walking and running intervals of 4 and 5 mph for 3-5 minutes at various inclines. I did this for almost 40 minutes.
Then I did the elliptical for 16 minutes. I tried using my arms more than legs.
It felt delicious to be sweaty and achy.
I came home very happy.

Is it weird that I find delight in sweat and pain?
Today I'm going to try a pump class.
It's like a cardio/aerobic/weight lifting class.
Fun.

On Friday my man and I had a deep conversation.
He reminded me that before I can take care of others, I have to take care of myself.
Which I have not been doing.
He reminded me how much I love working out.
How good and happy it makes me feel.
I told him that I was scared to work out.
Because I knew where my body was and what I had been previously capable of.
But that now I'm scared and I feel like I'll fail.

He reminded me that if I don't try, I've already failed.
And that I will fail my expectations of being able to do what I did before I got pregnant the first time I go to the gym.
But that I won't fail if I actually try and start easy.
He likened the situation to Biggest Loser
(reminding me I'm not that huge, nor will ever be)
He said that the first time those people did the workout, they couldn't do it. They failed.
But as they kept working and the weeks went on, they can do more than they ever thought possible.

So basically, I just have to start somewhere. And by consistently working I can get back to where I was. (which was pretty dang hott. and buff. and fit.) (it's okay, sometimes I have pride issues)



This was my peak of amazing body shape.
I was 16.
125 lbs. 18% body fat.

25 hours of dance a week
3 hours of weights a week

I thought I was fat.



(I am realistic and realize I probably won't get to that size anytime soon considering I'm still nursing, just had a baby, and my boobs are 3x as big)

But, I have now re-committed and decided I HAVE to make the gym a priority in my life.
(or at least exercising)
My body was meant to move and be active.
Sitting around does nothing good.
Like my man said the other day as well "wouldn't you rather be running around playing in the game than sitting on the sidelines?" YES!!!!!!
I should put together a co-ed soccer team...


This picture has no relevance.
Except that I was SO tan.
And I was also very small and buff.
I was 17.
Still dancing at least 25 hours a week.
Lifting weights 3 hours a week.
Running a 1-2 miles a day.

And I still thought I was fat.

I had issues.

But I won 2nd place in Leaps and 5th place All American at this National competition! Our team won 1st in Collegiate Hip Hop.


I am now composing in my head a future post about body image.

THE END.

4 comments:

  1. I can't imagine that your baby body is anything short of beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, um you're hawt. Yup. hawt, with a w. Just thought you should know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And an a. Cause if you take the w out... It spells hat. And, you are not one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Karissa, You are beautiful! And I love you. :-)

    ReplyDelete