Monday, March 28, 2011

and the verdict is...

Bag balm + blow drying + a little cornstarch = healing diaper rash!!!!

I got a billion different answers on how to help diaper rash on my facebook. (even though I wasn't directly asking for it!)

But, I decided to trust someone who I can always trust...

"drum roll please..."

Dr. Mom.

Dr. Mom seriously has all the answers for pretty much everything.

perhaps someday I'll get to that point...

She reminded me of this really awesome thing called Bag Balm!

It's actually this balmy balm-like vaseline-y substance that farmers use on their cows udders. And it works great on pretty much any rash too! I remember Dr. Mom using it on little brother's bum when he was a baby. So, I decided to get me some and try it out.

We did lots of blow drying, lots of bare bum time, lots of bag balm and about 2 diapers with cornstarch. This morning the rash looks SO much better! And is more than halfway gone!

Yay for Dr. Mom!

(and kudos to my cousin for reminding us about cornstarch. amazing what kitchen items can do when not used in the kitchen)

and now even though it is bright and sunny and much more beautiful outside than the blizzard on Saturday, I have no motivation to do anything but eat a chocolate cupcake and climb back in bed for another nap while my baby is sleeping. Why does it seem like I never get enough sleep even though I get more sleep than ALOT of other moms I know?

7 comments:

  1. I love bag balm. I thought my mother in law was crazy when she showed me the stuff but it works miricals. Its also great if you are sore from nursing!!! Can't live without the stuff. They should really think about renaming it though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) I'm so glad I'm your Dr. Mom. Love you! And when you get and answer to that sleep question, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could eat a chocolate cupcake. Darned Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I love dr. moms :o) It's true--moms have all the answers and it's so much easier to trust their advice than anyone else's, right!? :o) Now a question for you. Nathan doesn't get much diaper rash, but just for the archives...how do you do bare bum time without him peeing every time? Nathan hasn't peed on us for over 2 months, but the thought of bare bum time still makes me nervous, even though I assume it's essential since so many people suggested it!

    I don't know what the answer to that sleep question is, but I wonder the same thing. I can sleep for 6-8 hours straight these days and feel like I've only slept for 2 hours. I assume it has to do with a baby waking you up in the middle of a sleep cycle...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, the above comment is from me, Whitney, not Daniel. I didn't realize I was logged into my husband's account!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, you weren't asking for advice on FB? Oops! I must have read that wrong. Sorry!

    Anyway, glad to hear you found something that is working for him. I've never tried bag balm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard it but now I want to try it. Ps your boy is a cutie

    ReplyDelete