Saturday, March 19, 2011

BYU ball

I've never been that interested in college basketball until this year. That all changed with a guy by the name of "Jimmer Fredette."

If you follow college ball, you know who he is.

But if you don't, then I'll tell ya.

He's a guy on the BYU basketball team.
One time he scored 52 points in a game.
He shoots and makes shots that make you say "how the heck did he make that!"
He can shoot almost 30 feet away from the hoop and make it.
Who does that??

I kept hearing all the hype about this Jimmer kid and figured I should probably watch him.
It was worth it.
His name has now become more of a verb than a noun.

"You got Jimmered"
"Jimmer-time"
"Fredette about it"
"The Jimmer Show"

Oh yeah, and he's made it to Wikipedia here
I've been loving watching BYU play. And not just because of Jimmer. The whole team is great.
Also, a guy on the team, Brandon Davies, got suspended because of Honor Code violation.
Basically, BYU has been in the media BIG TIME this year!!!

It's kind of awesome.
Proud to be an Alum.
And proud to be a Mormon.

In closing, March Madness is much more fun this year!!!!
Can't wait to watch BYU play in the 2nd round tonight.
And, my bracket is beating my hub's.
Boo-yah!!

p.s. this is probably old news to anyone who reads my blog, but I figured I should write about it for more of a history/journal-type entry.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the update...honestly, I didn't know much about Jimmer until we talked about him with my brother-in-law. Thanks for the details! I felt really out of the loop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Jimmer is A-MAZING!!! Way to go on your bracket. I hope you take it!

    ReplyDelete