Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My jeans saga. And other random things

One day I decided to buy myself a pair of jeans.

I thought it would be so wonderful to have some jeans that I could fit into now and not have that "I need to lose 5 more pounds" hanging over my head.

So I did. I bought them.
(and I haven't lost 5 pounds.)
(I have a slight obsession with chocolate.)
(Every. Stinkin. Day.)

And now apparently my dear sweet son loves those jeans best for catching spit up.

Especially right after I pull them out of the dryer and put them on.

But it's all good because he was very pleased with himself today.

I know this because he was kicking, wiggling, smiling, almost giggling, and talking up a storm right after he emptied the contents of his belly onto my newly washed pants.

How could I possibly be mad after that?

Oh yeah. He also discovered how to kick his legs during his sink-bath and splash me all over.

Who is teaching him these things?

It's okay though because last night hubby said "I've never seen such a happy baby before." It's true. He is a ridiculously happy baby.

Except when we swaddle him.
But then he decides it's okay because he sleeps better.
I discovered the double swaddle last night.
I slept 4.5 hours straight.
Bliss.
Mr. Man is a macho man.
When he breaks from the double swaddle, we're in big trouble.
But for now, it works wonders and blesses me with sleep.

Tomorrow I think I might make it to the gym.
He's old enough to attend the child care.
I only feel okay about it because I'll be 100 feet away.
Or less.

2 comments:

  1. nice! I totally agree. It's so important for us to feel good about ourselves post-baby. I remember my sweet husband sending me to the store for new jeans after the initial baby weight came off but I still couldn't quite fit into my old jeans. Money was kinda tight (having a baby'll do that, right? :o) but he sent me anyway! It was a very sweet gesture.

    We still have candy hearts left. That's my slight, everyday obsession. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I am totally loving how the lines in your blog are random. How did you think that up? It adds interest. I might steal. And I like your writing. I can't steal that. Darn. And I like you. And you should come visit when you are bored and lonely. We're not THAT far away. :-) And who thinks up these ridiculous verification words you have to type in to leave a comment? Dumb.

    ReplyDelete