Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Prince Charming

Once upon a time I was sitting on my bed sobbing because I felt so huge and flabby and disgusting. That night, my Prince Charming said "tomorrow after school, you are going to Gold's and getting a gym pass."

And guess what?

I did.

It has been the BEST thing ever. I have not worked out, danced, exercised, nothing for about 6 months (yikes!) and my body NEEDs exercise. I cannot tell you what it feels like to be back in a gym, lifting, running, kick boxing and crunching. It is AMAZING! (and painful) I feel like I can leave work, stop by the gym and work off any and all frustrations I have about how the day went. The I come home tired, sore, sweaty and hungry and crave things like rice and veggies or salad. It is amazing.

THANK YOU PRINCE CHARMING! You truely are the BEST and most amazing man in the world! I love you!

p.s. I took turbo kick on Monday....it kicked my butt. ...and my thighs...and my arms...and my back...and everything. Then I took Zumba tonight. Hip hop meets salsa, samba, cha cha and lindy. Yes? YES! I love working out :-)

8 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Prince Charming gets props from me. I'm glad you love working out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love working out too, and I've also been doing both Zumba and Turbo kick. I love them both. Don't you love how working out makes healthier all around, I'm always so much less interested in cookies and candy after I work out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i should be doing that :) it's fun to read your blog and hear what you guys are up to

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karissa! It's Fiona...I don't remember how I got your blog addy, but mine is fionagrandmalorraine.blogspot.com. If you ever want to go work out, let me know. I still have your number. I can usually work out Monday nights -and Saturdays are flexible as well. 801-513-0189. I canceled facebook for now, so that's the best way to get a hold of me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love it! What a lifestyle :o) You truly were raised to keep active! That's so wonderful! Mitch has always big into working out and, I, personally, have had a not-so-great relationship with exercise, but i'm trying to be supportive! You're an inspiration to lazy people like me :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really am going to start coming with you. I am so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I MISS going to the Gym :( Every time I drive down 800 north, I look longingly at the exercise equipment in the window, and long for those days when you come home so sore and tired... and feeling terrific. It's so good to have an outlet for your frustrations like that. We have a treadmill here, but Aspen gets more exercise on it than anyone else.

    I've heard of Zumba but never tried it- it sounds really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's awesome karissa. i'm pretty sure you're my inspiration. i never work out. haha. :)

    ReplyDelete