Saturday, January 2, 2010

Our life as of lately

Well, life is good.

Christmas was wonderful. Aside from almost sliding off the canyon, we had a great vacation. It was really nice to be so relaxed and lazy. My two favorite gifts this year are my black bear paw boots and the knife set Scott got me. I've been wanting one since we were married and he surprised me with it. They are goooood knifes too! He was excited about new basketball shoes and a new razor (I think?) It was the first year neither of us have gotten some cool technology tool.

New Years was okay. We saw Sherlock Holmes with my sister and bro in law. We also played with their puppy who is SO cute! Then we ate at Chili's. Scott and I stopped by a friends party later. Mostly there were single people there though....that's not really our crowd anymore. But sometimes it's funny to watch :-) Then we came home and crashed.

This whole week I've spent hours working on my classroom. It's finally all CLEAN (it was so dirty!) and organized. Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to teach!!! My brain is so tired of thinking, but I can't stop. I'm getting more anxious and nervous as each day flies by. Day after tomorrow I start! Good thing Scott is so sweet and he sits me down and reminds me of what is most important for a teacher to do-- love the kids.

To say the least, my break hasn't been much of a break (this past week). But I am excited. Other than that, life is chill and good. I still can't believe that I am literally living my dreams. It's incredible and such a blessing!

3 comments:

  1. Karissa! I am so excited for you to start your new job. I would have loved having a teacher like you. I miss you already though. Let's get lunch this Saturday, maybe, if you have a spare moment. I would love to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! I'm so excited to hear about your teaching adventures! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the teaching job, that's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete