Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My thoughts this evening

Well, I finally did it.

I finally left my baby at the child care in the gym.
It was a big step for me.
Luckily there were only a couple other kids in there and my babe is a social bug, so he was happy the whole time.
I burned 450 calories in 30 minutes.
according to the treadmill.
but how accurate are those things, really?

I also experienced an old man fall off his treadmill. While it was steeply inclined.
It broke my heart in a billion pieces.
I would've helped, but several other people got to him first, so there wasn't anything I could do.
Probably didn't feel very good. He was between 70-80 years old I think.
I'm sure his pride was broken too.
Broke my heart. I just wanted to hug him.

I also saw a funeral procession on my way to the gym.
I almost cried.
I feel like having a baby makes me more sensitive to things.
Especially things that are really important.
Things like people. Life. Death. Service in the military. Miracles. Tragedy.

I guess helping create a life causes that.
Sometimes it still seems so surreal that I actually had a baby.
It seems so natural to be a mom. I almost forget what it was like before.
easier in alot of ways.
mostly easier to get out and about.
It just amazes me that I had a baby.
I was a co-creator of a human being.

Wow.

1 comment:

  1. I know, right!? It's a pretty amazing thing. It almost brought me to tears reading about that old man! My grandma fell and broke her hip on Saturday and had surgery today! Luckily it went well! Mitch and I are both more sensitive to things now that Nathan's here. I like it; I don't think I was sensitive enough before!

    Isn't it weird how we babysat all the time growing up but it's hard to leave our own babies behind? It's really hard for me!

    ReplyDelete