Wednesday, March 30, 2011

New favorite toy(s)

Here are some pictures of what we've been up too these days. First off, it snowed on Saturday. I blogged about it, but didn't include a pictures. This was the day after. Of course it was totally melted by that night. But still...in March? Almost April? How bout some warmer weather and thunderstorms, please?















Last week we got a surprise package in the mail!! I had seriously been thinking about this exact toy earlier that day and wondering how I could get one without paying too much...Then this showed up!!!

THANK YOU Uncle Afton and Aunt Tina!!! We sure love you guys.

It took him a couple minutes to figure out what to do. Now he LOVES playing here!! It's his new favorite toy.
















Of course he loves looking at me way more than playing with any toy... :-)

















And of course he loves to smile.














We did a little tummy time on the play mat. He's getting pretty good! I'm amazed I caught this shot. I was twisted all funny and not even looking at the screen on the camera. Wahoo!















This was bath time yesterday. I give him a bath every morning. It's part of our morning routine. This time we tried the tub in the tub. He doesn't seem too sure about it....















But afterward he was pretty darn cute all wrapped up! He's much happier about being in a towel these days. However, he still prefers to be nakee shakee. :-)
















And those are some things we do all day! We're still waiting on mom and dad's (our) new favorite toy. I'll post when it gets here!!!

p.s. As I've written before, our babe sleeps amazingly at night. However, he struggles with day time naps. Today I dedicated the day to setting a new nap routine. It's almost identical to the bed routine: double swaddle, binky, hold and rock in chair while reading a story, lay in crib. So far he has taken a 2 1/2 hour nap and a 1 1/2 hour nap today! He was SO exhausted yesterday because he slept maybe 2 hours during the day. Last night he ate at 9 pm and woke up at 7 am. Ate and went back to sleep for another 3 1/2 hours. Then he had the two long naps. It'll be interesting to see what our day is like tomorrow since he'll be all caught up on sleep.

3 comments:

  1. He's changing so fast, I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. I love Blake. I love you. And I love the "nakee shakee". Not personally. Just the term. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I agree with your mom...i've never heard it put that way, but I love it! Those jungle gym toys are the BEST! He's changing and growing way too fast! What a cutie! So much personality!

    Oh, and I'm TOTALLY going to have to try that nap routine thing! What a smart idea...all I can get out of Nathan is 30, SOMETIMES 45 minutes...

    ReplyDelete