Thursday, April 4, 2013

30 week picture comparison & a Name!

Okay so I'm not 30 weeks anymore, but I found these comparison pictures and thought I'd share.
Mostly because it's a self esteem booster for me.
With Blake I started out 10 pounds heavier than this baby. I also gained 40 pounds by the end. So far, with this one, I'm doing much better and on track to gain 35. Wahoo! If I manage to stay on track, when I deliver I'll be 15 pounds lighter than when I delivered Blake. Wow! That will definitely make dropping the baby weight easier.

Anyway, this makes me feel much better when I have really crummy feeling days.
Now that I'm 33.5 weeks, I'm getting much bigger and much more uncomfortable.
My worst discomfort is something that happened with Bubs too: a stretching, burning, pulling, pain right under my rib cage on the side, wrapping around to my back. It's no fun. Being adjusted helps temporarily, but it's annoying and can be really painful! I guess that's what happens when the baby starts getting big and tucking his little legs under my ribs...


I'm getting more and more excited each day to have a new baby around the house! Bubs is pretty excited too and makes comments almost every day like "Wanna have a baby brother!" "Find my brother!" He's such a smartie pants. Scott loves feeling my belly and feeling this little guy party all the time. His favorite party hour? Between 11pm-12 am. Sweet.

And, last but not least, we've decided on a name. Well, a first name anyway. We're still working on a middle name since we thought it was a little too much to have him and his cousin have identical full names with only one letter different. Hehe. I have a middle name in mind that I love, but I don't know if Scott is on board with it yet (read: we haven't really discussed it).

So now that I sparked your curiosity, the name we've pretty much decided on is....

Kyson!

Unless something crazy weird happens in the delivery/recovery room, that's what his name will be. We've already been calling him it. A little weird for me and out of my normal comfort zone since I'm not huge on naming a baby before they're born, but nothing else has stuck or felt right. Plus, I looooove the name, so why not?

  
psst. My hair looks so much better blonde, doncha think?

8 comments:

  1. i think you look cute in both pictures, but way to go on this pregnancy! you're almost there! :) and i know what you mean about that rib cage thing -- i've had it with my last 3 and it is ANNOYING. and painful; especially at the end. can't wait to see baby kyson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute! I love the name, I love Bubs and his reactions, and I love the pictures! You are looking SO great! I'm swelling in my face and feet (and a bit in my hands) for some reason, and I didn't swell at ALL with Nathan, so I'm really mad about it. I gained 40 with Nathan too, and so far I've only gained 27 with Eliza. Stinkin' pregnancy sometimes! Good thing these little ones are worth it! I know how you feel about the name thing. We had Nathan's name picked out before he was born, but I felt weird calling him by it. This time around, Miss Eliza is just that: named and known by that name! I find myself taking a lot of comfort in knowing I've done this all before, even if Nathan's birth was as far from ideal as possible. Are you feeling the same way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! I've gained 23 lbs already, and am only at 26.5 weeks. Ok, 27 weeks tomorrow :) I'm also measuring 2 weeks ahead and baby is measuring big too, so I am a little worried that he is going to be a huge baby, or something else. I always worry, though. Of course, Aspen and T were both 8.5 lb babies.

    Seriously, we don't mind at all if you use James for a middle name! It's a great name :) I am thinking that I still like Bryce or Brysen. We will probably use Arthur for a middle name because it is my Dad's middle name & my Grandpa's first name. But we are still deciding. You are getting so close to having that baby come- hang in there that last little bit! It does get harder the last month, especially with a toddler to chase around, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There's a definite possibility we'll use James on another boy in the future (if we keep having boys) but I think we'll skip it this time around. I like the name Brysen! Bryce is really cute too. Crazy that we'll have at least 3 new boys in the family this year!!!! Bring on the missionaries! :-D

      Delete
  4. You look amazing! You're almost done! Woohoo! Cute name =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lookin' fabulous! Glad the name's "official." You lo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great! So exciting and love the name too. I also had that crazy rib pain when I was pregnant. I am hoping it doesn't happen again but it did for u so we will see. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look adorable and I love the name you have selected! Can't wait to hear what his middle name will be. And I remember constantly pushing baby parts down under my right rib cage, experiencing the same "discomfort" you described, but only with the boys! Funny thing! I am thinking of you as the exciting "D" Day approaches. And I love you!

    ReplyDelete