Saturday, July 23, 2011

The ants come marching...

So, 10 days later I'm back.

I'm not really sure what happened. 

Although I think I may have melted.

But I'm back now. I just ate a grape fruit bar popsicle and now I have my chips, so I think I'll be okay. At least until I go outside again. It's currently 97 degrees, 48% humidity and heat index of 110. What the.

I think I'll stay in now. With my chips. And ice water. Will someone please come save me before I single handed-ly consume the entire 24 oz. bag of chips in 24 hours!?


Anyway, I guess I don't have much to show for being gone for 10 days. I can't even think of anything really incredibly exciting. Especially at this moment. Usually I write the best blog posts at 10:30 pm. In my head. Then I forget them the next morning.  

All I can think about is ants. 
I really, really, really, hate ants. 
and fruit flies.
I hate ants even more when I have to see them in my house.
And most when I see them in bed.
And more than most when they bite my bare bum in bed! 
And really that's not a story that should be told through cyber space. But it's a ridiculously funny story if you talk to my face. 
Anyway, I also really hate when ants look like this:



Let's zoom in a little, shall we?


And a little more. Look at their greedy little faces!!


These guys seriously appeared out of thin air. In about 5 minutes. Literally.
There were no ants. 
Okay, maybe a few...like 3, running around the floor.
Then I put out the poison
"Oh, the poison for Kusco? The poison specially designed to kill Kusco? Kusco's poison?"
Suddenly, a bajillion ants came marching 1,129,343,598 by 1,248,209,357!!! 
I think they're planning on taking over our home. Maybe eating our baby. But little do they know that the delicious drink they're gorging themselves on is ANT KILLER!!!!!! *cue electric guitar*

I hope they die a fast, miserable death. And never come back.

However, as we speak, there are more and more ants. In fact, I think they've doubled since I started this post. They're actually climbing on top of each other to get to the poison. Oh geez.

P.S. my mom secretly likes seeing the ants gathered in little circles like that... shhhh

oh, and Bubs is teething. Again. I can't see any on the top, but I see more white, swollen gums on the bottom. We think they might be the canine's, but that's not supposed to happen for at least another 6 months. So weird. I'll keep ya posted. Much love!

5 comments:

  1. Seriously, you crack me up. I have a remedy for fruit flies. It's on the fridge at my MO house. Ask the Williams for it. Good luck with the ants dear. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i so dont like bugs either.. they belong outside., always! funny post lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I really missed reading your posts. I'm sorry I never write and comments usually. I just never have anything witty or interesting to say. But I admit there was some withdrawal going on over here. Keep posting! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it Terro? That always worked growing up when we had ants. LUCKILY, the ONE good thing about Idaho is it's not summer long enough for many bugs to live around here! I hate them too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love watching them gather in circles too. And giggling evilly because I know they will go home to die and leave me alone.

    ReplyDelete