Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The good, the weird, and the awesome.

Well, I've decided to face it.

I'm quite sure we will be under an "Excessive Heat Warning" until October.

Oh well. I guess that's life in Missouri.

In other news...

The Good:
-I'm job searching and may have found one. Trying not to get my hopes up too high though...
-Mister Man is only weeks away from finishing his 1st year at Chiropractic school!! Wahoo!!
-Bubs thinks it's really fun to eat my cell phone. And anything else he can reach and pick up. (is this really a good thing?)
-We're less than 1 month away from visiting Utah. WAHOO!!

Wow. I'm bored of reading my own writing. How bout this story to weirden things up?

The Weird:
We called to have pest control come bug spray our apartment. So they came. While I was in the shower. With my bedroom door open. With the bathroom door open. With Bubs sitting outside the bathroom. I heard a man's voice say something loud, then nothing. Thankfully he never came in our room and he was gone when I got out. But it was a very awkward, uncomfortable, weird, and scary few minutes for me.

Oh, another way more cool thing happened today!!

The Awesome:
I was in the grocery store with Bubs and he spit his binky out. Go figure. He always does. Anyway, I didn't notice for awhile, and when I finally did it was nowhere to be seen. Now, binky's cost like 2 bucks a pop, and we've already replaced one set, so I didn't want to have to spend another $4-5 on yet another set. So I said a simple little prayer as I was retracing our steps. Nothing. I gave up and was getting some potatoes when Bubs dropped the piece of paper he was chewing on. As I was coming up from picking it up I looked behind me and there on the floor was the binky looking right at me! We had walked by that section at least 3 times and I'd scoured the floor to no avail. The binky seriously came out of nowhere. It was quite amazing. Definitely a little tender mercy and example of how amazing God is!

And the other cool thing that happened was the job opportunity. But I'm not going to say anything more about it until I know for sure. But, I will say, I am grateful for friends who think of me!

1 comment: