Thursday, July 7, 2011

6 months stats!

Happy 6 month birthday to our sweet baby!!!!

We had a doctor's visit today, on his 1/2 birthday.
It went well.
This is what we learned:

Height: 25.5 inches
Weight: 15 lb 8 oz.
Head: 44 cm circumference

He is only in the 16th percentile for weight, which surprises me because I think he's a little chunkers. He's definitely not fat. Not really chubby either. Just a cute little chunkers.

We celebrated his half birthday and doctor's visit with his first shot. We decided to go ahead and start immunizing. I know it's a very controversial issue, and I know I have been wishy washy about the subject, but I believe it's for each family to decide. And we decided to do it. So, he got a Dtap shot today. We'll start slow and gradually progress. The nurse was fantastic and administered it incredibly fast. He didn't even make a peep. So far I haven't noticed anything weird, except maybe a little fever, but I'm not too terribly worried about that.

But now for more fun things!

This is how The Babe feels about his bouncy chair lately:


Our sweet little chunkers!

I thought this was such a funny sleeping face!


A couple weeks ago he joined us for date night:
Mini Golf!
We had SO much fun!!!
And The Babe was such a great handicap for me. :-)
Mister Man had quite a "fun" time trying to putt with little legs pushing on his hips.
We had a blast together! 
(and I lost by 1 hole)

Don't be fooled, he loves rice cereal!
We're still working on a love of avocados...

This guy is such a mover these days!
One morning he was just rolling around on the floor and backed himself up under the crib.
I didn't rescue him for a minute.

I think he got tired of waiting for me to save him.
Sweetest. Picture. Ever.

Shopping with Gammy and mom!

He's almost able to sit up alone, so I put him in a Costco cart.
Then I proceeded to drive all crazy and sweervy like.
He thought it was hilarious!
He also had a death grip on the bar in front and the bars behind.
It was the dang cutest thing ever!
Weeeee!

And of course, my dear sweet cousin Tiffany, sent this amazing tie!
Doesn't he look stellar?
Thank you soooo much!
the shirt was $1 at Goodwill!!

Here's what he can do:
-roll from stomach to back, both sides
-roll from back to stomach over his left shoulder
-he can do baby crunches
-almost sit up by himself
-grabs everything and puts it in his mouth
-opens mouth and gets real excited for rice cereal, and avocado (until it gets in his mouth)
-he's super good at eating solid food, opening, swallowing, etc.
-holds a sippy cup and brings it to his mouth to drink...still working on the drinking part
-nurses in about 10 minutes
-wiggles and scooches around everywhere
-transfers his binky from one hand to another, has put it in his mouth a couple times
-smiles all. the. freakin. time!!!
-giggles, babbles, and sings. alot.
-sleeps about 10-11 hours straight
-...still working on naps after a vacation
-starting to reach his arms out for people to hold him
-recognizes his name
-loves splashing and playing with his cup in the tub
-flirts with everyone. especially girls.
-grabs eyes, noses, chins, and mouths. loves when I "eat" his fingers
-kicks and swishes his feet all the time
-he has 2 teeth! got them at 5 months

I'm sure there's other things I'm forgetting, but that's the gist of it! He is a super active, happy, smiley little guy! He's not terribly cuddly unless he's tired or sad. He absolutely loves his daddy. And he is such a joy to have in our home!!! Happy half birthday little man!! We sure love you tons!

4 comments:

  1. He is just growing up so fast! I LOOOVE the picture of him giving up on you rescuing him! He's like, "oh, well, she'll wonder where I am eventually..." I love letting them explore and seeing where they can get themselves!

    We LOVE playing the shopping cart game. How fun! He looks SO cute in that picture! I never get tired of looking at pictures of him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you keep track of when he does things. I wasn't that smart and now really wish I had done that. Miss you take care and keep having so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! What a precious baby! He turned six months old and in exactly one week we'll have been married for six months!! Crazy how fast time passes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures!! He is so cute. And so full of personality! I think it is awesome that you waited until 6 months to start shots. Immunizing is such a hard & controversial & very personal subject, just like you said. I also think it is awesome that you made a list of all the things he can do. That will be priceless in just a few short years, when you think you will remember everything but look back on it and realize how much you forgot! SO, way to be awesome!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete