Monday, April 29, 2013

"you're having a baby in 3 weeks and still wearing what!?"

I had a really tough week last week. 

The combination of being very pregnant, chasing a toddler, having a very busy husband, and not getting enough sleep, made for a basket case of emotions. I don't think it helped that it was also the one year anniversary of my little sister's wedding (congrats Jas, love you!), which was the most difficult week of my life....and I think my entire family probably felt the same way. 

I don't know if it's scientifically proven that your body remembers and reacts to traumatic events on the yearly anniversaries, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were true. 

Now that things have calmed down a little, I'm feeling much happier. Not too mention I was seriously pampered for my entire birthday weekend! It was really fun to shop for things I wanted instead of things I need. Mostly because I can't buy maternity clothes since I'm so close to delivery and I can't buy normal clothes because I'm still pregnant, and I can't buy running shoes until I start running again. So shopping was much more fun and very uncharacteristic of my normal "research for weeks and find the best deal possible" mindset. I did use a coupon for almost everything I got, so I didn't feel completely crazy!

Here are some highlights:

-seeing a best friend's brand new baby, first time mom!
-treating myself to a pedicure and some fancy new makeup for my birthday (okay, okay, quality makeup is SO worth the money)
-shopping with my boys and finding cute new jewelry and scoring a free shirt at Loft
-eating delicious french toast with buttermilk syrup, almost like Kneaders
-scoring two super soft and comfy skirts at a church thrift sale (practically free)
-seeing Bubs' face light up when he saw the plastic boat I got for him at the thrift sale
-shopping with my boys for a new cake pan and finding the perfect summer heels, then buying them spur of the moment!
-chatting with my sister and finding out she bought me a subscription to Runner's World! 
-spending a night out with my man, eating at Tucanos and seeing "42"
-eating the most delicious pulled pork sandwiches and texas fudge cake with our family on Sunday night. (click here for the pork recipe, you won't be disappointed)

Seriously, it was one of the best birthday's I've had in a long time. 

If I had instagram, this is what I'd post:

#whyyesim37weekspregnantandwearing4.5inchheels #whatelsewouldiwear? #gillegirl! #ineedatan

The cashier at DSW was pretty impressed I was so pregnant and wearing such high heels. Girl, have you seen my closest? I don't own a pair of heels less than 4 inches! Of course I will wear them no matter how pregnant I am and despite my chiropractor hubby reminding me every time how bad it is to wear heels (following up quickly with how hott he thinks it is and how he wouldn't want me to stop wearing them anyway, HA!)

Happy Monday, everyone! I hope it's a fabulous week!

3 comments:

  1. I love this!! I can do wedges for much longer time spans than heels. I swear I never got my balance BACK after having Nathan; it's bad!! Haha I've even been tempted to have my inner ear checked out! I'd totally go for wedges at this point too. Love em. So comfy! And these are SO cute and summery! MAN I miss DSW!! How unfair is it that the closest one to us is in Salt Lake!?

    As far as the yearly anniversary thing goes, I TOTALLY agree. Our bodies must remember and react. I have struggled on both of Nathan's birthdays and the days leading up to them, just re-living and remembering all the trauma of that day. Maybe one day it'll be a happy day! Until then, we just have to make these days happy for other people: Jasmine & Philip, my little Nathan, it's easier to deal with if we turn our attention to THEM on their special days! (At least that's what my counselor and I worked out!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so glad you had a good birthday! i can't believe you only have a few weeks left in this pregnancy. are you planning on running another half marathon this year??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would totally wear those shoes too! Ok, maybe my body wouldn't handle it. It doesn't handle much lately :) but I still wear my favorite Sketchers wedge sandals to church almost every week! SO glad you had a great Birthday weekend. That is the best. My Birthday is going to hit at the exact same time in my pregnancy as yours did for you :) I hope mine is just as great. Of course, summer season will have just started up here, and Jim is usually really busy at that time...

    Hang in there for those last few weeks! Sometimes it will feel like the days go by like weeks, and the weeks go by like days. Oh, the things we go through to have babies!

    Ok, gotta go change ANOTHER poopy diaper!

    ReplyDelete