Thursday, March 10, 2011

New friends and decisions

Today was fantastic.

Remember how I said I wished I knew more people here in my situation? And how I wished I had more friends?

I feel like that changed today.

I met a couple girls on Sunday whose hubby's go to the same school mine does. We talked about getting together for a lunch group. And it happened! And at this lunch group I met about 10 other awesome gals whose hubby's also go to the same school as mine!! Some of them have kids, some don't. But they're all fantastic. I had so much fun!

And it's SO nice to know so many more people who are LDS and who are doing chiropractic.
Kinda makes things easier because people can relate.

And also my kid is adorable.
I'll probably say it everyday.
You'll probably get sick of it.
I don't care.
He's so Dang. Stinkin. Cute.

I'm taking a break from Facebook. I realized last night that I spend way too many hours doing absolutely nothing of value. I thought it'd be interesting to see how much more I can accomplish and do with my life with the time I would normally be a zombie clicking through junk.
(it's not really junk. it's just not a good use of time.)
...and maybe it will help with this "not being able to fall asleep" problem

Some things I want to do with my time:
-journal (like the real, pencil-paper deal)
-clean the bathrooms (don't ask how long it's been...)
-study the scriptures
-read the Ensign
-make jewelry (i miss it!!!)
-call friends and family
-organize places that I feel are unorganized (like my closet.)
-finish and mail the thank you cards that have been sitting on my counter for 2 months
-blog. (i can't give that up. it's a form of escape and freedom for me.)
-write a novel. (i've always wanted to. and i've started several times. i doubt it'll actually happen though. but at least i can try. and hope. or try to hope.)

I also made cookies tonight.
Told you I had an obsession with chocolate
(and I bought chocolate ice cream.)
I changed the recipe a little.
They turned out delicious.

Call me. I'll share. :-)





He's a chub.
A very cute and happy chub.
I love him.

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, he has chubbed up! I love it! I hated it when people started calling Nathan chunky. Then I realized my response shouldn't be, "he is NOT!"...it's not a diss for babies, I guess! Who knew? :o) I love that smile! Don't you just love catching those in pictures? Ahhh babies :o) I love that you're taking a facebook break. I'm trying to have as much fun as I can on facebook and blogger this semester before I go back to school in April.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you found some "student" wives. What a comfort to know you are NOT alone in this thing called life! PS Your baby is ADORABLE

    ReplyDelete