Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Me: before and after pictures

I just want to make sure I explain that my post yesterday was not intended to be depressing or to make it sound like I am unhappy with my body since having a baby. It was a re-commitment to the gym and exercising because it makes me feel good. (and because we're paying for it...) Call me crazy, but I love waking up in the morning with my whole body sore and aching from my workout the day before. It's happy pain. And it helps me feel accomplished.



So here's comparison pictures.

Before.

9 months pregnant.


(boy am I glad to not be that big anymore!!!)











AFTER!
10 weeks post baby

I am actually quite satisfied with my body since having my baby!

I took this lovely self-portrait today in the mirror.
Self-portraits in the mirror are kind of tricky.

I think I look pretty good!! :-)

(especially considering I eat way too much chocolate, cookie dough, fruit snacks and cadbury mini eggs)

I feel really good too. I can fit in pretty much all my pre-pregnancy pants and shorts, the ones I've tried on anyway. I'm mostly just working to get that little poochy band around my lower tummy to go away. And also to re-tone and sculpt my muscles. That picture also makes me look a little bigger than I might actually be in an upper region of my abdomen. I'm not complaining though. One (of many) awesome thing about having a baby and nursing!

I did go to the pump class last night.
I left my baby for the first time with a friend. It made me feel better than leaving him in the child care.
I am SO sore this morning.
It feels spectacular.



This is my baby.
He does this all day.
Especially after naps and eating.
And especially when I smile at him.
Sometimes I wonder if he's TOO happy.
But then I just feel grateful that he is.
And that he's mine.






I also feel really grateful that this bigger guy is mine.
He's pretty happy all day too.
Cute, too.
But I don't get to see him much until night.
He claimed he had to study alot last night.

Do you really think he got much accomplished?

;-)

I seriously love my boys.



p.s. this photo may or may not have been staged... :-)

7 comments:

  1. You are a radiant Mom and I am glad you are feeling good enough to get back in shape! You look really good for just delivering that cute little bundle of joy! Scott is one lucky guy to have you for his companion and love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this note and the happy confidence you portray! Atta girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look GREAT!
    I feel ya on the exercise thing. Lately, I have been exercising and running like crazy. If I am not sore after a workout, I am kind of disappointed. I LOVE the feeling of being a bit sore and stiff, then stretching it out (totally different from when you first starts a workout regimen, and you can barely walk).
    You can do it! I haven't even had a baby yet, and I am trying to get to the point where I look like you post baby. Hahah!
    Keep going! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! And exercising makes me feel good too - although I am not as enthusiastic about feeling pain in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've discovered something.

    When I think I am fat, I am fat.

    When I think I am thin, I actually feel thinner. The moment I revert back to feeling fat, I am fat again.

    Crazy, I know! And I always feel thinner after a good workout (or even a short one). It's all so mental, it's scary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I would've taken post-baby pictures! Now it's been over 4 months so I don't think it makes sense too, but it's so good for record keeping, even just for yourself! I just remember sitting down for the first time after having Nathan and having my stomach SIT on my legs...YUCK!!! It's the weirdest self-image shocker ever! I'm so glad all that's over and that i'm back to my normal self!

    PS--those cadbury mini eggs will be the death of me! I swear Nathan will be diabetic by the time he's 5 because of all the holiday candy we stumble upon then get hooked on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. look at your boobs! they're even huger in the after picture, that's good:) how fun to have a cuddly baby boy. i really do have a baby gift for you, but haven't made the thing i want to make. i think about you guys every day though. oh, and your face isn't watter weighty any more either, so pretty in both though:) i remember when i was 9 months and just sorta swollen like that. i like your happy family:)

    ReplyDelete