Thursday, March 3, 2011

Mommy Favorites

I feel inspired to write a "Mommy Favorite's" post. Before I had my baby, I always wished someone would tell me the most essential things to get. Well, I had alot of people tell me. And everything was different. Now that I have my little angel here, I have compiled my own list of most essential things to have. He's still little, so I'm sure the list will change as he does.

First and foremost, I have to write about these blankets:
1. Aden+Anais, Swaddleplus blankets
A dear friend of mine got these for her little babe. On Monday we were talking to a couple who were registering at Target. She swore by these blankets and told the couple to get them. I kinda rolled my eyes and thought "too expensive, not worth it." Two days later I went and bought me some. Yes, that's right. I did. These blankets are huge. Super light weight. Stretchy. Perfect for swaddling ANY size baby. And the baby can't break free. And you can layer two for cold nights or one for warm nights. She had me sold when my baby wouldn't fall back asleep at her house while she was doing my hair (friend with same age baby who can highlight my hair? Seriously awesome.). She wrapped my babe in one and put him in the kitchen with the vent fan on. He was out in 2 seconds and slept for almost 2 hours. Sold. Done. I ran out and bought them. (he hasn't been taking good naps lately...or really naps at all, longer than 45 minutes)

Last night my babe slept from 8pm-1:40am. He hasn't done that in weeks. I'm singing Hallelujah's in my head. If you have a new baby and they need to be swaddled. Get these.

Okay, onto the list of things, in no apparent order:
2. Bouncy chair
from Target. Couldn't live without it.
3. Huggies or Kirkland brand diapers.
Don't go cheap on these.
4. Pampers or Huggies wipes.
Don't go cheap on these either.
5. Lansinoh nursing pads.
Don't go cheap on these either.
6. Medela single pump.
Life saver.
7. My Udder Cover nursing cover.
LIFE SAVER. I'm not coordinated enough to just use a blanket.
8. SwaddleMe blankets.
These have velcro and a sack for the legs. Great when he was smaller!
9. Thick, heavy burp clothes.
10. A big, yellow, bath sponge for him to lay on in the bath.
It fits in the sink so he stays warmer and it works better than the plastic tub so far.

And obviously you can't take a baby home without a car seat. I love our Chicco Keyfit. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Yes! It's about 5-6 lbs lighter than any other car seat. The base is so easy to click in the car, and the seat is so easy to click in the base. I do wish it had a bigger sun shade. And I wish the stroller had a bigger (and easier access to) basket on the bottom.

I'm still testing these to decide if I love or just like:
1. Butt paste cream and spray
2. Johnson's Lavender bath soap
3. Burt's Bees bath soap and lotion

And now here are a couple comparison pictures of my babe and how much he's grown.
(this is the aforementioned bouncy chair. love.)
1 week.

8 weeks.
What are your "Mommy Favorites?"

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I lOVE those swaddles and I swear by Aquaphor for his little bum bum! Dove soap and Paul Mitchell Baby don't cry shampoo, it has helped keep craddle cap away. I loved the l/s carter onsies too, and lots of socks and hats to keep him warm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karissa! I'm sorry I comment so much on here, I guess that is one of the things I do when I have a few minutes to myself & get bored... you can just ignore me if you get sick of me :)

    So, here are some of my favorites, in no particular order:
    -Carter's onesies. The only brand I've really been happy with.
    -Huggies diapers. Everything else either won't fit, or won't hold it in.
    -Cloth diapers for burp rags.
    -Double jogging stroller. It seriously goes EVERYWHERE! Even over the snow and ice up here!
    -Gymboree clothes. I buy them on clearance... they last longer and fit better, at least on my babes.
    -Aspen told me she loves our front carrier. Even though she has never worn it while holding a baby...
    -Wide-width shoes. My babes have all had fat feet.

    Things you mentioned that I wish I had:
    -The big yellow bath sponge to lay them on- I could still use one one of those with both my babies!
    -The muslin swaddling blankets. Awesome!

    Ok, that's all I can think of for now :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete