Monday, February 28, 2011

thoughts on motherhood

Tonight I was thinking. Scary. I know.

I gave up alot to be a mom. My dream for years has been to teach Kindergarten in my own classroom. Well, I did that. But not for very long. Only a few months. I loved it. Best. Job. Ever. And I miss it. Like crazy. I have had many moments where I would do anything to be back in the classroom with my own little group of crazy, wild, nearly out of control, 5 year olds.

Then something changed.

I had my baby.

My life has never been the same. Nor will it ever be the same. Do I miss my job as a teacher? Absolutely. Would I give up being a mom to have that back? Never. You couldn't pay me enough.

It's the little moments in motherhood that make everything worth it. It's those precious times in the middle of the night that make my heart swell with love and gratitude for the wonderful blessing I have to care for one of God's beloved children.

Every explosive poopy diaper, episode of spit up on newly washed jeans, crying alarm clock at 3 am, nights of no sleep, days with no nap, stinky hands, and bumpy face is worth it.

Because at the end of the day I get to rock my baby to sleep, hold him in my arms, and thank God for the beautiful miracle of joy He blessed me with. And for the privilege I have of being a stay at home mom.


Mornings like this aren't too bad either...




I adore my sleepy boys.












Afternoons like this are pretty awesome too. They had a whole conversation together.

















It ended in smiles.





There is nothing I love more than being a stay at home mom (except my hubby). It is the best full time job anyone could ever ask for! I would never, ever, give it up to be back in my Kindergarten classroom. Now I just thank the Lord that He gave me the time I had so I could accomplish my dream.

4 comments:

  1. good for you! I've been spoiled by my semester off, and going back is also going to be hard, but i'm way past the halfway mark of finishing my degree, so now I'm determined to! Man i'm going to miss just staying home, though!

    I just love little baby smiles :o) And conversations! It's like they know how to talk to you, and when you pretend you know exactly what they're saying it just makes their day! :o) Nathan's favorite thing right now is to interject in conversations--ya know, so we don't forget he's there and wants to be talked to, also! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those smiles!! What a handsome baby! Ya, being a mom is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make motherhood sound and look so good! I hope I get to be as pretty and put together as your are when I'm a mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute new blog! And, I love the pictures- he is really changing so fast & looks so much bigger to me already!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete