Thursday, February 24, 2011

Growth spurt?

How can I possibly take a nap with this angel sleeping next to me? I just wanted to look at him and take pictures. So I did.


He loves playing with daddy. :-)

So I'm wondering if my dear baby is experiencing a growth spurt. He's been eating like crazy and after only 2 1/2-3 hours he's a ravenously hungry baby (worse than a ravenous wolf). For awhile he's been sleeping alot at night. Usually 6-7 hours between the first two feedings, then 4 hours, then 3 (that's start of one feeding to start of the next). But the past couple nights he's gone only 3 hours (or less) between the first two feedings. He also has been sleeping only about 45-60 minutes in the day and wanting to eat every time he wakes up. And he's more fussy than usual. He's a super happy baby who really doesn't cry, but he's been cranky today and a little yesterday. Which is abnormal.

So I'm thinking, growth spurt? I was reading about it and I guess the symptoms are pretty in line with how I think he's been acting. Also, last night I was totally freaked because I felt like he'd been eating so much and my milk supply for some reason had totally dropped. But apparently that is a common misconception for moms with babies who are in growth spurts. Also, he is almost 7 weeks, so that's about the right timing too.

Anyway, we'll see what happens over the next couple days. He does seem to suddenly be HUGE to me. And suddenly his clothes are not fitting. Even one onsie I had him in just the other day seemed too small this morning. Weird.

As for me, ugh. I just want to exercise. I am so frustrated with my body. Whenever I try to do a work out (10 min ab video 2 days in a row, 25 min cardio video (dumb), walking the mall), I start feeling crappy again. It's driving me crazy. I am so tired of not being active and so tired of feeling gushyness. I know and understand I won't loose all the fat and won't be how I want to for awhile, but I want to at least try and start toning things up! I guess my body has other plans... UGH!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Totally sounds like a growth spurt to me!

    I bled for 8 weeks. AND they suctioned a lot of the blood & clots out during the c-section so they said I'd bleed less than normal. LIES! I can only imagine how it'll be without a c-section! Good luck to you! I hate my stomach right now, but whenever I do something the incision starts hurting again. So I TOTALLY know how you feel! Man it's annoying!! We'll get there girl :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karissa! Your new blog looks GREAT!! And I know, I never comment but I read often and love the updates. And Blake. And you. (Of course. ; ))

    ReplyDelete