Monday, February 7, 2011

One Month


Blake is one month old today. I cannot believe it!!!! So far he's doing some of these things:

-eating like crazy!
-going 6 hours between feedings after the last feeding of the night (around 9 pm) (at least he did this for a week straight so far)
-he is super interactive and very active!
-he smiles all the time
-he coos and gurgles and makes cute noises
-he has this dolphin chirp noise he makes after eating when he is stretching. so. cute.
-he's grown quite a bit! but without a scale I don't know how much...
-he is super happy and fun. He doesn't really cry much unless he needs something: food, diaper change, burp, gas, cuddle time.
-he has started grabbing my hair and necklaces. Intentional? I'm not sure.
-he is almost out of newborn size diapers (He's got a pot belly, but his hips and butt are so little!)
-his favorite place to sleep is cuddled with mom or dad. He prefers his bouncy chair over his crib, and he does great in a car seat...once he has a binky.
-he loves being in a bath, but not getting out, especially if he's hungry
-he loves having his hands by his face. I let it slide while nursing but not when sleeping...we swaddle him up tight.
-he snores.


Yesterday in church Scott gave him a name and a blessing. It was the most special sacrament meeting I've ever been to! It was such an incredible experience. As soon as Scott started talking, I felt the spirit so strong I just started crying. It was a beautiful blessing and Blake slept the whole time! It was just such an amazing experience to have my dear husband bless our first born child. There is nothing like that feeling. It really made things more real for me. I felt like we were really our own little special family. And it was awesome because Scott bore his testimony afterward. I haven't heard him publicly do so since we've been married (over 2 years) so it was really special to have him share that.

I love being a mom!

And I decided after a month of eating and doing what I want, I want to start being better. I need to start getting this baby fat off. I plan on eating healthier snacks, smaller portions and less sugar. Also drinking more water. I hope to do some light exercising (light free weights, some stretching and light ab work) when I get time between Blake's naps. Also I hope to go on more walks. I'm still not ready for anything to big or exciting, but I feel like I can start easing in. And doing something light is better than nothing at all! We've had quite the challenge with food this past month from all the visitors and company we've had. It's hard to resist making delicious desserts and eating lots of food when it's good food.

3 comments:

  1. Go Karissa! May I admit my jealousy here? I mentioned before that we don't get to bless Nathan until April. It's the first time since he was born that our two families will be able to get together. I just can't wait to feel that special feeling when my husband gets to give Nathan his name and blessing!

    Go you for walking and exercising and all that fun (or not so fun) stuff! It's been way too icy and cold here to walk anywhere, usually ranging between -5 and -30 degrees (actual temp!). Oh I wish we were in the midwest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of him is so cute. He looks so much like you Karissa! Congratulations on the baby blessing - wish we could have been there! I'm glad it was such a great experience. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, he is adorable! I wish we could have seen the baby blessing, those are so special. Keep the pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete