Monday, October 29, 2012

The Secret is OUT!

My awesome photographer Mom came to visit us this past weekend specifically to capture some family pictures for us.
I learned something during that photo shoot...
Ya know all those pictures all over Pinterest with the perfect families, with perfect kids, with perfect smiles, with perfect poses? A little too perfect and a lot too unrealistic for my expectations.
Bubs had a horrible nap, didn't eat much food most of the day, was cold, wanted the playground, and was super cranky about anything and everything. 
Thus, we didn't get any pictures of him smiling. ...not that he smiles for cameras anyway.
Overall it was a learning experience with some fun parts.
But, the most important thing? We got some amazing shots of my beautiful family. I can't wait to print them and add more pictures to our walls!
Enjoy!
If you like what you see, you can contact my mom. She works in the Kansas City area. Here blog is here






Note to self: puppies are even harder to photograph than toddlers.
Put them together? Good. Luck.


Oh yeah, we're having a baby!!!

Apparently he is not very happy about this...

We also bribed with goldfish.


Gosh, I married a hunky babe!

Story of our life.
He's got a mind and personality of his own.


"Uh, Mom? Dad? What are you doing?"



Love this!



I love my sweet little family!!!
Baby #2 due: May 20, 2013.
We couldn't be more excited!
And more relieved that I don't have to suck in my belly, make up excuses for not running in the cold, and feel great about midnight Taco Bell runs. Phew!


19 comments:

  1. Love this! Love the family photos! Love the baby and the new one! And need to know where you got your boots!

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!!!! Congratulations!!!! I'm due June 4th! We're so close together! I was so shocked to find out how quickly that belly shows up after the 1st baby! CONGRATS!!!!!! Also LOVE the pictures btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!!!! I love it when beautiful people with beautiful kids have MORE beautiful kids! And the pics are sooooooo cute. Even with toddler grumpy faces. It's all good!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mom took some pretty awesome pictures! Congratulations on the coming baby! When in May are you due?

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations!!!! so fun and exciting. the pictures turned out great. and toddler's ARE impossible to get to cooperate for a photo shoot! still, i think i the pic you got captured him perfectly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you and your family so much! The pictures are charming! I can't wait to print one and put it on our shelf. We couldn't be happier about your announcement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! Congratulations! I hope you haven't been sick it anything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful, Karissa! It is great to document the years even though some "subjects" would rather NOT! My boys were horrible as well! Congrats on the new baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME!! I love creative announcements like this! Congratulations, I am SO excited for you. Your pictures are fantastic; your Mom rocks! I love the two different outfit combos. You guys look great! best wishes with this pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos and great news! Congratulations to all. And I love how little handsome guy took the news!

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha i KNEW it!! cute pics by the way. you def didn't need to stress over outfits. you guys look great!! congrats! i'm WAY happy for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He is a cutey!! :) So excited for you guys. And I totally love that he's got some great grumpy faces in the new baby pictures

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE these- congratulations! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cool..you and Amy will both be giving us new babies next May! Amy is due near the first of May - how about you? Totally awesome. The pictures ARE perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you have a girl!!!! You need a little girl to dress up in cute bows & ruffles, it is so much fun :) And, you totally don't even look pregnant yet. I know, it's still early, but you look awesome. All your pictures are amazing- your mom does really good work! I especially love hte "pouty face!"

    I hope you guys can come out here in November! The reunion is going to be fun, but only if like everyone is here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was wondering about you!!!! Ha ha Congrats!!! So exciting!!! Miss you :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Karissa! I love the chalk board idea--so clever! And your outfit is stunning! Love your fam. So cute. And, congrats, again!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the pics! Super cute! Love how upset he looks (I know it's just cranky toddler, but it totally cracks me up!)!

    ReplyDelete