Wednesday, October 31, 2012

My little froggie and pregnant thoughts

My dog just vomited. Twice.
My (almost) two year old has been whining in his crib for an hour and a half instead of sleeping.
I'm sitting next to a freezing brick wall with a chilly draft from the patio.
Happy Halloween!

While I could complain and whine about all the things that are unfair, unhappy, or frustrating in my life, I would feel quite selfish for doing so while thinking about people on the East Coast.
I've been watching the news about the Superstorm Sandy. Seriously. It blows my mind. The videos and reports are unbelievable. Devastating. I wonder how and when things will be back up and running. Just for records sake, some of the things that happened:
-14 foot storm surge
-8 million people without power, and it's not warm.
-3 feet of snow in the Appalachians
-4 feet of water in the NY subway system
-over 100 homes destroyed in Breezy Point, from a fire
-flooding. everywhere.
-cars in piles, boats on train tracks, boardwalks gone, beaches demolished, homes destroyed

I'm not sure what I would do if something like this happened to me and my family. But I do know if we were told to evacuate, we would. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those who were affected.

In other news. I'm pregnant. I'm exhausted. All the time. I don't want to cook. I don't want to clean. I don't want to run. I just want to sleep. All day. Every day. I feel nauseous most parts of most days, but I don't actually throw up. I feel bloated and chunky but I've only gained 1-2 pounds, depending on the day and what I've eaten. Mostly I just feel worn out.  I'm nervous to take care of a newborn again because I feel like I've forgotten. I'm nervous for the labor and delivery because of how things went with Bubs. I'm nervous to get huge and uncomfortable again. I'm not thrilled about hauling a two year old, a baby carrier, and groceries up two flights of stairs. I'm nervous about meeting the needs of two children and loving them equally.

But I'm thrilled. I'm excited. I can't wait to have another little baby! Having a family and kids has always been my dream and goal in life. I'm excited for Bubs to have a little sibling. I'm excited to grow our family. I'm excited to raise another kid. I'm excited to join the ranks of mother of two. I'm really, really, excited! And most of the time, that happiness and excitement outweighs the negative.

Plus, another one of these cutie pies? Yes, please!


Our little Halloween Froggie. 
He had an absolute blast at the Ward Trunk or Treat! He loved running around and playing with other kids and he loved trick or treating. He even kind of says "trick or treat" and of course "thank you!" at every car. I'm really excited to take him trick or treating tonight! 
Hopefully he'll hold a little more still at some point so I can get a better picture. 
And why is he a frog, you ask?
He picked it out.
Out of the dragon, lion, bear, dog, bee, and monkey, he wanted the frog. Go figure. It's adorable. 

Happy Halloween everyone!



3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the pregnancy! I'm so excited for you and I hope you feel better soon. I'm a little nervous about having a second also, but we will figure it out day by day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that going from 1 to 2 will be easier than you think. Sure, there are those certain moments when it is a bit overwhelming, but to be honest, having the first one was a bigger shock to my system by FAR. That was when my whole lifestyle had to change. You've been through it once, it all comes back really easily. Now, going from 2 to 3 was challenging, because there's only 2 parents... you are a bit outnumbered at that point.

    B will LOVE having a sibling! I think he's probably already sort of used to sharing his roost, since you have a puppy. I do understand your feelings about going through pregnancy again. Certainly it has it's un-fun moments, like feeling bloated, huge, exhausted, nauseated. Especially after you did so well in running & getting into such good shape. I really think that will help make this time easier for you. We can hope, right? :) And, you know it will only be temporary & you can get back into those things you love to do, like running. I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awhh...Your child looks so adorable in his frog costume! Well, sleeping more often during pregnancy is fine, Karissa. It's normal especially in your first trimester because this is the time when the sleep-inducing hormone progesterone begins surging through your body.

    Chelsea Leis

    ReplyDelete