Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wednesday Confessions: My Family.

I've been thinking about this post for a long time now.
Wondering what I should say and how it should be said.
Asking myself if it's okay to share or if someone will be offended or hurt in some way.
So I've decided to leave details out and spill the very basics.

My parents are getting divorced.

That's why I've had such a hard year.
That's why I have a hard time going home.
That's why we "escaped" to Utah in May.
That's why I started running.

I'm doing better now. Much better.
I'm distracted by my busy life with a toddler, nannying, play groups and play dates, and my calling in YW. (thank goodness they didn't take it away last week!)
I've realized preserving relationships is better than taking sides and trying to understand different perspectives.

I never thought this would happen to my family.
It's proof to me that now more than ever is a time to be so, completely, centered in Christ.
It's a time to teach my child about Christ, the Atonement, and how to withstand temptation.
It's a time to make our home a haven from outside influences.
It's a time to fortify our testimonies, our family, our homes, and put on the armor of God.

I've learned alot this past year.
I'm not an angry person, but I've felt anger in a way I cannot describe.
I've also felt healing, compassion, forgiveness, and love without judgement.

I love my family. We'll get through this. The pain will fade, the cuts will heal, and the scars will remain.
But as long as we keep Christ in our hearts and minds, we'll get through it.

Thank you to those who have known and who have helped support me during the dark times.

3 comments:

  1. I can't imagine what you must be going through -but I think your attitude is amazing. What a great example you are Karissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Riss. And, love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so sorry. this is a hard thing. i'm always here if you need someone to talk to.

    ReplyDelete