Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wednesday Confessions: Running

I must confess: I am absolutely, completely, 100%, terribly, horribly, stuck in a running rut.

I have zero desire to run.
I have zero motivation to run (except for the cinnamon rolls, cookies, and ice cream calling my name from the kitchen).

Why would I want to wake up at 5:45 to run in the freezing cold, dark abyss of a morning, when I could just stay snuggled up in my warm, cozy bed?

It's so frustrating.

Especially because I have a gym with a treadmill only a few hundred feet up the road.
I could drive to the gym. Run. Then drive home.
But I still can't seem to do it.

What is WRONG with me!?
Maybe it's the fact that I have no race to train for.
Maybe it's the fact that the sun goes up and down 6 hours sooner than it used to.
Maybe it's the fact that every morning in the past week has been under 45 degrees.
Maybe I just need to stop whining, procrastinating, excusing, and suck it up then run.

Fellow runners, how the heck do you run in the winter?

p.s. I would love to run at 9:00 am, but this sweet bundle of love, and a hubby in over full time school, prevent me from doing so.


disclaimer: his outfit is not a reflection of my personal fashion sense.
he refused to let me take off his cars jammies.
since when were toddler boys picky dressers???




2 comments:

  1. I always get in an exercise rut in the winter. It's the lack of sunlight and overall gloom that get's me down! I hope you can find your groove! You can stay in and do "Hooked on Aerobics" with me! he he he

    ReplyDelete
  2. This story got me freaking pumped to get out there and run, even in the cold (it was 28 degrees when i got up this morning). It's a long one and it may be completely unrelated to your style of running since I don't know what your goals are and all of that, but I don't think it matters, it motivates. It kind of talks about breaking through that wall of what you never realized you are capable of.

    http://dreamingwild.com/2012/10/16/the-bear-100-a-100-mile-vision-quest-in-luna-sandals/

    ReplyDelete