Sunday, October 24, 2010

tagged.

Alaina posted this and surprisingly tagged my name in it. Usually I don't do things like this, but what the heck.

In other news, we got asked today to give a Youth Fireside on Gratitude in November. What the? We've never given a fireside before! I'm pretty excited about it, but obviously nervous as well! Good thing we have a month to prepare. Maybe it's because we're the new young couple who don't have kids yet... Though I will be hugely 8 months pregnant when we give the fireside. oh well. It'll be a good experience I hope! (just like teaching Sunbeams was today...eye yie yie)


1. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

This is a little dumb, but I love all the food my family has at Thanksgiving. I've had other T-giving dinners and food other places, but there are a few dishes that have yet to be duplicated by anyone not in my mom's side of the family. We're talking sweet potatoes, cranberry salad, stuffing, rolls etc. Nobody can beat my mom's family recipes for Thanksgiving. Another tradition I like is going to serve Christmas lunch at Rest Homes on Christmas day. It's so fulfilling.

2. Who is your biggest role model and why?
My mom. She's always been. She's pretty spectacular for raising and homeschooling 5 kids. 2 of which have been married in the temple, 4 of which have attended Junior College by age 16, 3 of which have gone on to college at BYU. Plus, she's always been someone I look up to and want to be like when I grow up.


3. What is your favorite thing to do with your husband and why?
I love playing games together. Or talking walks. We both love all kinds of games, and it's fun to play just the two of us or with others as well.

4. What is one place you want to travel to, when, why?
I'm dying to go on a cruise! We were planning on one this summer, but since we ended up getting pregnant and having to move across country, it just didn't work out. I want to see beaches and islands and get a tan and eat the delicious food. I also want to see Brazil.

5. What is your all time favorite band?
I don't really have one. I don't have music loyalties. I really love Carrie Underwood and Rascal Flatts. Also Jon Mclaughlin.

6. What is your favorite book?
Anything by John Grisham. I don't know anything about the law or lawyers, but he's an amazing writer. I really love The Firm and pretty much anything else he writes.

7. Who is your closest friend and why?
Scott. Hands down. He is the only one that really understands me and sticks with me no matter what. I've had alot of other close friends in my life, but they kinda fade in and out. I have a small handful of friends that I love and hope to stay in contact with forever, but life can sometimes get in the way.

8. What is your favorite trait about yourself?
I really have a huge capacity to love and serve. I wasn't always that way. I get so much satisfaction out of serving others, especially taking dinner to people. I feel like I've really learned how to love people no matter what. I think a huge part of that came from my experience teaching Kindergarten.

2 comments:

  1. Haha thanks for taking time to do this--I usually don't do things like this either, but my sister-in-law tagged me and I had a few extra minutes. So I said the same thing: what the heck!? :o)

    Good luck with that fireside! I can't imagine doing something like that! All i've been doing the past year or so is waving my arms at Primary kids and trying to get them to sing! I'm completely lost with anyone over 11! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,I can't imagine being asked to do a Fireside. How exciting! Good luck

    ReplyDelete