Tuesday, October 26, 2010

confessions

Sometimes I feel really onry and things really bother me. Things that shouldn't. I'm trying to do better, I promise.

Maybe it has something to do with Scott having mid-terms this week and being gone all day, every day, even Saturday. Or maybe it has something to do with the weather, that it has yet to be cold, rainy, cloudy and fall-like. Or maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm nearly 7 months pregnant and growing every day. Who knows.

Perhaps I need to admit I absolutely love the Denise Austin Fit & Firm pregnancy workout dvd. I'm not much for workout dvd's, but I like this one. It has workouts based on trimesters and she's SO positive! Cheesy actually. Comments like "growing baby, healthy baby. Healthy body, happy baby. This is the most beautiful time in your life. Having a baby is so wonderful. You're doing great. Every day is different, so do what feels best." etc. It's my motivational uplift in the mornings now.

And I must say that not only do I have the best mother, but also the best mother in law. My mom reminded me last week that I can not compare myself to anyone else who is pregnant because every single person is completely different with pregnancy. Some people gain 18 pounds, some people gain 80. And it's okay as long as you're healthy! My mother in law sent me a sweet email last night in which her last sentence was "it was usually my own silly expectations that caused me to feel bad." (In reference to feeling down during pregnancy) It's true. It's my own silly expectations that cause me to feel bad about myself. Scott still loves me and adores my growing bump. Heavenly Father is certainly happy. And my mom is completely obsessed with the bump and how cute it is! So it's really just me getting down on me.

I need to build a tougher shield against what other people say to me. It doesn't matter what they think. And who cares what they say.

I'm excited about our Trunk or Treat tonight for our ward. I really love Halloween and I love trick or treating. I can't wait til we can take our kids trick or treating! (mostly it's all the free delicious chocolate :-)) And finally, it's cooled down here. We'll see how long this cool streak lasts.

I heard a raccoon outside my window last night.

1 comment:

  1. You mom's are so right! Also, I have no idea what a raccoon sounds like.

    ReplyDelete