Friday, October 15, 2010

a great day

Yesterday was such an awesome day!!!

First, I went to the gym and walked (lame I know, but better than nothing). Then came home and moseyed around before I decided to go to institute with Camille. Of course the lovely lady had delicious sonic slushies waiting in the car, tator tots too. How could anyone not be excited about that? Plus it was just fun to hang out with her. I love having a friend who is expecting a boy near the same time I'm expecting a boy, and who also has the same birthing philosophies as me. It's so awesome. Institute was pretty good. I'm still feeling a little lost in there, like the teacher doesn't have a clear objective for the lesson. But oh well. Then I got to see Scott on campus, which is always a plus!

Later that day I opened my mailbox to find a surprise package from my lovely sister Danica. Enclosed was this note "My nephew has a lumpy head. I must buy him hats." I giggled. Then I opened two of the dang stinkin cutest hats you've ever seen! One has raccoon eyes and little ears and the other is a blue, plaid "trapper" hat or hunter hat (the ear flap kind). SO cute!!! I giggled for awhile.

Then my lovely neighbor too me to pick up our crib at Wal-mart. YAY!!!!! Unfortunately, I had to wait til Scott got home to put it together. But that's okay because I got to go up to campus and get my first adjustment from my chiropractor intern! It was SO nice. She did some kinesiology stuff and some other adjustments. Really good stuff to open up the pelvis and hips to allow more room for the baby to move and to allow mom to be more comfortable. She also managed to get a horribly sore spot in my back to disappear!

So, all pregnant friends, go get an adjustment right now!!! It is awesome.

Anyway, then we came back and put together the crib. After a short little battle of control, we decided my job was to hold pieces in place, look at the picture and tell Scott where to put things. His job was to screw it all together. Once we were working together we got it set up pretty dang quick! It's soooo pretty and perfect and I love it. Now I just need a mattress...

After we set it up I had "if you give a mouse a cookie" syndrome. If you give a Karissa a crib, she'll want a mattress to go with it. If you give her a mattress, chances are she'll want some cute crib bedding. Once she gets the cute crib bedding she'll want a... and it goes on. :-) We'll get a mattress next week sometime...because.....

TONIGHT WE GO TO KANSAS TO SEE MY FAMILY AND ALSO GO TO THE CARRIE UNDERWOOD CONCERT!!!!!!

I'm a little excited. It's been years since I've been to a concert and I love Carrie Underwood. Scott's not a concert person, so he's content hanging out at the house watching football, studying and munching on peanut m&m's. Isn't he awesome for coming with me? HECK YEAH HE IS.

Anyway, it'll be a fun weekend. Then we have a full week of just life (midterms for Scott), then the next weekend we'll be back in KC for a baby shower. Then a week home. Then the next weekend a baby shower here. Then a week home. Then the next weekend is Thanksgiving. Then suddenly it's December. Then only a couple weeks left of school. Then Christmas. Then BABY anytime after that!!!! AHHHH!!!! I'm really really super excited.

Oh and I read Hunger Games this week. Disgustingly morbid and horrible but so good you can't put down kind of book. I don't want to think about it too much or I might throw up. But the story was told in a very creative way, and I enjoyed it enough that I finished it in about 2 days.

Sometimes when I wake up in the morning and look out my window it looks like our forest is on fire. It's just the way the sun hits the leaves, which are turning orange and yellow, that makes it look so cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment