Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Baby Dodds

So we finally had an ultrasound today! It was our "20 week ultrasound" at 26 weeks. I think it actually worked out better because the baby is farther along and more developed so measurements are more accurate. Anyway, I was really bummed because Scott couldn't come. He had class all stinkin day and the ultrasound technician has very limited availability.


It was still very fun for me though! I got to see his heart, brain, spine, ribs, legs, arms, belly, bladder, stomach, etc. Pretty much everything. He was a little active but not too much. He was hiding an arm behind his leg though, and he was playing with his feet near the end. I got to see him open and close his lips and I got to see his eyeball in his eye socket. Pretty awesome! Near the end she just set the wand on my stomach for a second and we watched him move his head. She said it looked like he was dancing. I agree. :-) Seems appropriate coming from Scott and I .


The best part of the whole thing (after having a ton of fun seeing every part of the baby) was when she said that according to measurements he was measuring more at 27 weeks. So she moved my due date up to December 29th. Wahooo!!! She did say that obviously babies just come whenever they're ready, so to not get too excited, but he was measuring bigger than we had thought. Cross your fingers and keep praying for an earlier baby so Scott can be home! :-)


Oh, and she looked at his boy parts to make sure he hadn't changed to a she... She said he was definitely still a boy, and definitely not shy. Enjoy the pictures!!


1 comment:

  1. Karissa!!! I'm so excited for you! Oh i'm so jealous! Yay for new due dates, an extra ultrasound, and a healthy baby boy! (And the great crib and sweats! I'm into stealing Mitch's these days!) I'm so excited for you guys! He is ADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete