Wednesday, October 13, 2010

news

27 weeks and 3 days according to my due date. Almost 29 weeks according to what I measured in the ultrasound.

Today finally felt like Fall again.

We got teased for a few days with some clouds, rain and chilly weather, but then it jumped up to 85 degrees! What the summer?? Anyway, it was a little cooler today and windy so the leaves were falling. Feels great.

I don't think I ever wrote about my experience with my new intern at Logan. When I went in for a physical, for part of it she checks my spine and some muscle movement with my abs. I was laying on a table and I had to lift my legs up. I lifted them about an inch and thought it was good enough (couldn't see over the bump) and realized I was about 3 inches from her hand. So i tried again. It was tough! My abs are gone :-(

Then she wanted to measure my uterus because she's specializing in prenatal and pediatric chiropractic so she was curious. Then she felt around my tummy. She lifted her hands off and Scott pressed his hand down. The baby kicked his hand, hard! Then she did another thing on the tummy. Then he put his hand on again and the baby kicked again! Then she tried to feel him and he didn't kick. At the very end he did kick her a little tiny bit so she felt him, but not like Scott. It was really cute! Kinda fun that he knew who his daddy was. :-)

This week has been kind of a soul searching week. I've been trying to figure some things out with my life. What I want to do. Where I want to be (emotionally, mentally, spiritually). And what I want to accomplish before baby comes. My sister in law sent me an amazing email that really helped confirm some already developing thoughts. I'll write more later on what I've decided.

One thing I know for sure: I am SO grateful for Scott's support. He is so supportive of me in everything I do! He kinda knew I wouldn't enjoy the whole Mary Kay thing and take off like I thought I would, but he knew I wouldn't be able to stand the "what if" if I didn't do it. So he let me. Now he is completely supportive of me calling it quits. He is also really supportive of me staying home and not working. But if I find something I want to do, he's supportive of that too. I'm just so incredibly grateful for him and for his love and support. I know alot of people aren't as blessed as I am. I love waking up before him in the morning and looking at his face thinking "wow, how did I ever get so lucky?" It's so true. He seriously is incredible. And absolutely perfect for me in so many ways.

Anyway, I'm getting more excited every day for this baby to come. Not just so I can have a baby, but so I can get my body back and be more comfortable! I seriously feel like he grows a foot a day. It definitely doesn't help when I hear comments like "fatty" and "he has a whole swimming pool as a womb." I've never been so anxious to get to the gym and get back to my normal size. Never been so motivated either. I just hope that motivation continues after he's born. (though I'm sure it will. I've had enough years in my life of hating my body and being self conscious that I won't let myself stay big and fat if I can help it. Plus, I love working out.)

K, this is getting long. But what does it matter anyway? Since I made it private I'm pretty sure nobody reads this anymore. So really it's just for me as a journal.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe some people made those comments! That is so rude!!! I know the main motivator for me to work out or at least start slow with the abs was that my lower back was achy due to my lack of abs. But make sure you really start slow it can be damaging if you don't. Check out some websites about post partum work outs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is rude!! I can't believe it!

    I always teach Mitch about our baby doing the opposite...i'll play little poking games with our little guy and then Mitch will try and he gets all shy and won't move, or tries to tuck himself out-of-feeling-range (which doesn't work anymore...he's too big!!). It's cute :o) He always attacks the bathroom counter when i'm leaning up against it. We hope he's okay at sharing :o)

    PS--I always read your blog! You are someone I always, always looked up to as a youth and I was always jealous of you for so many reasons! :o) My abs are completely gone, too...it's pretty gross. But supportive husbands and postpartum workouts will take care of all of that for both you and I when the time comes, i'm sure! :o) Oh, and by the way, the picture is ADORABLE! I wanna see you in person, you're sooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the rudest comments I have ever heard. Makes me want to go slap some people.

    So good to see you! See you at your shower!

    ReplyDelete