Sunday, October 17, 2010

super fun weekend!

What a fun and busy weekend!

We arrived in KC Friday night just in time to see my mom get her ankle's kinesiotaped by a (former?) chiropractic student. We also got to see their cute baby. Then we just hung out at home for the rest of the evening. It was so fun to see mom's reaction to my baby belly! She was totally obsessed with it the whole weekend. And she said the best thing she possibly could've said when we walked in "Oh my gosh, you look SO great!!!!!!" and then she instantly went to touch and rub the baby. :-) So cute. Made me feel really great because I've been feeling really huge lately.

Saturday morning we drove downtown to the race. I've never been to a marathon and it was definitely a very powerful and emotional event! It was really incredible to see the support of strangers to one another and to hear the words of encouragement from so many people. It was also SO fun to see mom and dad running! They both did awesome! Dad's feet were giving him problems so he had a tough time, but he finished and we're proud. It was very fun.

Then we ate at Oklahoma Joe's. If you're looking for good BBQ in Kansas City, go there. It's so dang good! Then we got changed and went to PF Changs for dinner before the concert. Our server was the riskiest server I've ever had. He was really "in your face" and borderline obnoxious at some points, but it kinda worked. With some people it definitely wouldn't. After dinner was....

CARRIE UNDERWOOD. Best. Concert. Ever.

It was more of a production show than a concert. And she's pretty much an incredible singer. It was quite the show. I really enjoyed it. I could go on and on about all the details, but basically, it was AMAZING.

Church today was so fun. It was pretty awesome to see everyone in my parent's ward and especially because everyone loved the belly. If you wanna be the most popular person, just have a baby. :-) It was quite fun. Overall it was a very fun, busy and short weekend. I love that we're close enough to make a quick drive out though. It's perfect. Life is good. :-)

p.s. It's amazing how when you get pregnant all kinds of people just start talking to you out of the blue. Suddenly everyone has something to say whether they know you or not. A lady in the bathroom at PF Changs told me since I'm eating for two, if I had the Chocolate Cake I'd have a happy baby. What the? Yeah. It was funny. :-) Guess all boundaries and walls get broken when you get a baby bump. hehe.

3 comments:

  1. How cute!! I love it! This wasn't your baby shower weekend, was it? I wanna hear how that goes when it happens! I know my mom and Billie were planning it, but I know my mom would've said something if it had been this weekend. I think they'll wait till it gets a bit closer, but before terrible weather sets in :o)

    I'm so jealous of all the fun things you got to do! Isn't the Capener's baby just THE PRETTIEST newborn you've ever seen!? She has pics of him in the hospital on her blog and he's not bruised or swollen or squished or anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to see you this weekend!! You are so cute! Now we have the girls that were in young women when I first got in there having babies. But that's just not real until we see you. Glad you are close enough to visit! And yes, all barriers go down. Have you had complete stranger rub your tummy yet?

    Thanks for adding me to your blog! I love knowing how you guys are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny! Thanks for the compliment by the way on my blog. He is getting big. He is learning so much everyday. Anyway, back to you. I'm sure you just look dang cute as a pregnant girl. Embrace the belly I always say. Because its there for the best reason ever! I love living with my parents and seeing them everyday. I hope that when we have our real place we will live close to them. I'm glad you get to be near your mom. Carrie Underwood sounds so awesome. And BBQ just sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete