Wednesday, October 6, 2010

some things are exciting

Today was a great day. Why?

1. Our baby boy was very active in my tummy. So fun!
2. I realized I can cook just about anything and have it taste incredible, however, I fail miserably when it comes to baking. Especially things like sugar cookies and ice cream. I can make texas fudge cake and dump cake. And really those are the only two things worth making.
3. Scott surprised with me an excellent pair of these:
(if you can't tell, they're super soft, baggy, wonderful and amazing sweatpants with "Logan Chiropractic College" down the leg. yay!)
4. After he got home I showed him this lovely beauty online. Using $60 in gift cards we spent a whopping $86 out of our own pocket. Soon it will have a home in our little nursery. I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!

And now I will return to the kitchen to frost my pathetic sugar cookies that did not turn out how I wanted them too. Next time I will find a recipe that actually calls for butter and NOT try to substitute butter when it calls for shortening (especially for the first time ever making that recipe). Someday I will have cute little Halloween creature cookies sitting on the table waiting to be devoured. Tonight, however, I will have sad lumps of fluff with Halloween colored frosting hoping for someone to eat them.

No comments:

Post a Comment