Friday, June 10, 2011

Some things you should know

First off, THANK YOU so much!! to everyone who left such sweet, encouraging, supportive, comments. It's so nice to know I'm not alone in this whole mom thing. I really appreciate the kind words. Thank you thank you! And love you all!


Here are some things you should know about me:

1. I cannot function on less than 7 hours of sleep. And I am not saying that just to say that. I get delirious, depressed, looney, sick to my stomach, head achy, weepy, and everything in between. When I get 5-6 hours a sleep for 3 nights in a row, all hell breaks loose. Which is what happened this week.

2. It takes me at least 30 minutes to fall asleep. 60 minutes if I'm exhausted. Over 90 minutes if I'm exhausted and Mister Man is studying in the other room. (which happened last night. after 3 nights of 5 hours of sleep)

3. I'm actually a really shy person. Shocking, I know.

4. Sometimes when I have a really bad day I feel the need to shop. Even if it's just grocery shopping. But shopping at the Loft is much more fun. Except that I cannot afford the Loft. Unless they have a major sale and/or coupons for money off. Both of which happened the other day. It was a glorious day for me. I was able to get 4 shirts for $14. Even the cashier was shocked and double checked to make sure she did it all right.

-I feel like my life is being threatened by a horribly loud and unknown banging noise coming from just outside my front door. In reality I think it's actually people pulling heavy, rolling, suitcases down the stairs without lifting them up.-


5. Me and hot weather do not coexist very well. I can stand 85 degrees and humid, but anything over that with humidity over 40% for longer than 24 hours makes me want to fly to Antarctica and dig me an ice cave.

6. It drives me absolutely crazy when I know my baby is tired but he won't fall asleep. Speaking of baby, he gave me the most awful hickey on my neck last night. And no, I'm not using him as an excuse for anything Mister Man did. It really was my baby. I thought it was funny and thought he might've given me a little hickey, but then I walked in to where Mister Man was and I said "did The Babe give me a hickey?" and he said: "Ohhhh yeah." Then I looked in the mirror. Oh great.

And now my friends, I must catch up on all the housework I've neglected this week: laundry, dishes, sweeping, moping, organizing, etc. My house apartment is a wreck. Happy Friday!!

P.S. any great suggestions for exciting, creative, no money involved, stay-at-home (or leave) date ideas?


First pool experience. Ice cold. Fingers in mouth the whole time.


Someone was apparently not ready to be awake yet.


First shopping cart experience.


It's impossible to live in St. Louis and not be a Cardinals fan!!

5 comments:

  1. cute cute babe! drop him off at my house, i'll watch the little guy while you sleep.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetheart!! I love it! That first grocery cart experience is so much fun! Nathan just gave us this nervous, apprehensive "you guys are happy so i'll be happy!" smile when we tried it the first time. Hilarious! Those little things make the awful nights worth it!

    I used to be the same way about sleep, no joke! Pounding headache all day, no appetite so then later I feel nauseous from not eating, walking around like a zombie all day, etc. Then Nathan came and hasn't slept for more than 3 hours (consistently) his whole little life. After 7 1/2 months I'm kind of used to it, sadly. We're trying to use any method or idea we can find and nothing has worked. We let him scream it out, he screams it out for weeeeeks without getting the message. Light at the end of the tunnel, right? At least they're cute :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I'm sorry you're not getting much sleep. That would be so hard. Hang in there.
    2. Your baby is SO cute!!
    3. For awesome date ideas check out
    http://www.thedatingdivas.com/ They have a lot of inexpensive date ideas and a lot of times if it does cost, I'll just alter it a bit so it's free :) Happy dating :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. check out this blog.... SUPER cute, easy, fairly cheap date ideas. TONS of them!!
    http://loveactually-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's just so cute! Love the shopping cart picture.

    ReplyDelete