Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Title? Who thinks of good titles?

Once again, thank you all for your love and support! And words of encouragement.

Just in case you were wondering, yes, this past week has been a tough one for me (if the blog posts didn't lead you to believe that). I figured I was about due for a trial, and boy did I get a doozey. I'm still working through everything but I have realized a few things:

-I have an amazing husband.
-We have been blessed with an amazing, happy, and easy baby.
-God is always there, and answers the call when you need Him most.
-I am so grateful for the priesthood. And priesthood blessings.
-I am so grateful to be able to receive inspiration from the Lord.
-Even if I feel like I'm alone, I'm not.

I owe alot to my dear sweet husband. He has been so patient, loving, and kind this past week. He totally stepped up to the plate and helped out. He is just awesome!!!

I also have an amazing mother. It was so helpful to talk to her and get her side of things.

Sometimes the medical and pharmaceutical field amazes me. In a bad way. I was shocked to find out a nurse who talked to me on the phone for less than 4 minutes could "diagnose" my problem with one assumption, proceed to not ask anymore questions, then call in a prescription for a serious drug, without even talking to my doctor first. When I found out exactly what she had called in, I was appalled. And stunned that she had the "capability" of doing such.

Anyway, I have made some changes and we're making progress and this week has been MUCH better (so far)! Hopefully things will continue to improve and get better each day.

Remember how I said I wish it would cool off and not be so hot around here? Well, after a week of 95+ degrees and humidity, it has been cloudy and rainy for the past 3 days. I'm grateful for the cooler air, but I want the sun back so I can go to the pool! :-) Am I fickle, or is the weather?

3 comments:

  1. The weather. The weather is always fickle! Not you!

    What did she prescribe you? I'm sorry you weren't happy with it, but I'm glad it's making things better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told the pharmacy not to fill the prescription because it was something I don't need and felt like I shouldn't take without seeing a doctor anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously? That nurse is crazy! Glad you didn't take the prescription, that is scary. And I am glad you have such an awesome hubby. Those Dodds boys sure come from good stock!

    Are you guys coming out to Kent's wedding?

    ReplyDelete