Thursday, June 16, 2011

A toilet!! A toilet!! We have a new toilet!!

A toilet! A toilet!

I've never been so excited to see THIS in my bathroom!!!!



And THIS on the curb by the dumpster!!!!!



Why am I so excited you ask?

Well, I'll you why. But it's a story. Here we go!

We moved into our apartment last August. We specifically got a 2 bedroom 2 bath because we wanted a toilet/bathroom in our bedroom because it would be super helpful right after having a baby so I wouldn't have to share a bathroom with visitors. You don't really need to know why I wanted my own bathroom after having a baby... Anyway, we moved in and realized our master bath toilet didn't flush well. We are really lazy proactive, so we called the management staff about 3 months after we had moved in. It wasn't thaat big of deal, at the time.

They sent a guy over. He plunged it. Cue Asian accent:
"There you go. It fix now. It work. It just need plunge."

That lasted a couple days.
We called back again a few weeks months? later.
They plunged it again.
Keep in mind that we're not stupid.
 We had plunged it a billion times before.
We even bought a new plunger.

That lasted a couple days.

So we called back again a bit later.
They came again, this time with a "snake."
They stuck it down the hole and scratched up the ceramic real good.
That lasted a couple weeks.

So we called back again.
They came and plunged it.

So we called back again.
They came and pulled the toilet off the base, stuck it in the shower, looked down the drain, saw nothing and said it still didn't work but the supervisor didn't want to replace it so to call the office. Again.
That made it worse.
I called the office. For the 5th time.

Then I met the Supervisor on the sidewalk that week.
Gave him a piece of my mind.
Threw a couple punches.
Knocked him out.
Just kidding, I'm nicer than that.

He said:
 "it's a brand new toilet, there's probably something stuck. It doesn't need to be replaced" about ten times.
I said: 
"It does NOT work. It does NOT flush. We have called 5 times. Something is wrong. It needs to be replaced." about ten times.
He said:
"we'll try to have a plumber come look at it next week. It's brand new. It doesn't need to be replaced"
I said: 
"Okay. Fine." and thought in my mind how I wanted to yell my brains out at him and tell him how wrong he was. But I didn't. I'm nicer than that. 


Well, moral of the story is, a week after that conversation, they finally replaced that stinky (literally), old, non flushing, good for nothing toilet! TODAY! I'm not sure what happened after that conversation with the supervisor, I don't know if a plumber came or not, but I don't care. I have a new toilet!

AND IT FLUSHES!!!!!!!!

After almost a year has passed.
After we've been paying for a 2 bathroom and using 1 bathroom.
After we complained 5 times. 
After I had to share a bathroom with visitors after I had a baby.
After they finally realized that we were right. 
Like I said, we're not stupid.

I think I'm gonna go do a happy dance!
Then make some fajitas!
And have a Mexican Fiesta!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds about right... we have all kinds of issues with getting things fixed too.... gotta love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! My mom used to tell me that when I bought a house I needed to have as many toilets available as there were bums living in my house. This seems a bit excessive to me, but having at least two toilets does seem like a grand idea! I am so glad your toilet has been replaced! Also, fajitas are sounding mighty fine right about now! Too bad Idaho is so far or I'd come bring you homemade guacamole to eat with your fajitas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a silly story.. you aren't silly it just made me smile. I'm so glad you read my blog posts! Yes I agree, reading your blog also makes me feel like we somewhat keep in touch too. Its a shame I moved to Redding. I would have loved to grow up together you know? But I guess I wouldn't have met Perry if I didn't.... anyway! Hooray for a toilet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! I wish I had 2 bathrooms! I'm happy for your new toilet! How fun! AND isn't it fun to be a renter on days like this where you don't actually have to PAY for the new toilet!? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We thoroughly enjoyed that post. Thanks for a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete