Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Why I love Missouri

I love Missouri.

Why?

The people.

3 older guys (grandpa age) at Costco and Walmart were very concerned about my well being since I'm pregnant. They all made super sweet comments such as "Take care of yourself!" and "You don't need to be standing on your feet any longer than necessary. You go ahead of me in line."

Then this morning at Costco gas, the attendant struck up a whole conversation about how Missouri is not flat and has tons of trees. He told me his wife was from Oregon and her friend was trying to convince her there were no trees here. Ha. It was quite funny.

The people here are people-persons. And they're not afraid to strike up random conversations with you, or tell you their life story.

I love it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm secretly jealous that you spent the rest of your childhood in Kansas. I want to live in the midwest someday but none of my family is even close to moving that way.

    ReplyDelete