Monday, October 4, 2010

crazy busy weekend

This weekend was full of crazy busy fun!

The car ride this morning went something like this...

me: "I think I'm on social stimulus overload. I need some just me time today."
Scott: "And you were worried about making friends here..."

Saturday we had the Williams here for the 1st session of conference. Then we all went to the Rehiesse's for a huge, delicious brunch between sessions and stayed for the 2nd session. Then we came back, Scott and Trevor went to the Priesthood session and Miranda and I went grocery shopping.

Then Sunday we had the Tuttle's, Williams, Rehiesse's (I have no idea how to spell their name), and us for a big pre-conference breakfast. We watched the first session, then everyone left and the Williams came back for the second. After conference ended we had Dave and Kathryn and Co. join us for a yummy dinner. We definitely had the party house all day! But it was so much fun. I really wish I would've been feeling better so I could enjoy people more, but it was still great.

The best was watching Ryan and Abby (both 3) with Allie (almost 2) run up and down our hallway, around outside on the deck, and back again over and over and over screaming their heads off. It was quite entertaining. Then, suddenly, it all got quiet. You know when two 3 year olds and a 2 year old get quiet that something isn't good. They had found our open laptop and had managed to press some buttons but not do any damage. :-) It was fun times.

Moral of the story? Pretty sure I made some great friends and I love hanging out with them!

So now another day, another week and things to look forward to. Tomorrow morning I finally get to see our little baby again on the ultrasound. Though he's not so little anymore. I think he's about 2 1/2 pounds and 13 inches (give or take) this week. Hopefully he's still a he! :-)

1 comment:

  1. How fun!!! We usually do big things for Conference, but we settled down for some "us" time this round. I'm jealous and kinda wishing we had gotten together with friends after reading your post!! :o) I loved the 2 and 3 year-old story! How cute!! I can just picture them running and screaming, then breaking out in quiet, "oooh!!"s...how fun! I definitely want to see ultrasound pictures!! Oh i love it! I want another ultrasound!!

    ReplyDelete