Monday, October 18, 2010

pregnancy exaggerates life

I realized today that when you're pregnant, everything is exaggerated.

For example(s):

1. I had so much fun in KS over the weekend. However, I hardly slept and the sleep I got wasn't very good. This was because when you're prego you can't get comfy anywhere. If you think your own bed is uncomfortable, try sleeping in one that's unfamiliar...and smaller.

2. Because I didn't sleep well I came home tired. Now, while we were there I probably got an average of 6-7 hours of sleep a night. Not bad, eh? Remember, I'm pregnant. So, instead of being "just tired" I was EXHAUSTED.

Guess what I did today? I slept.

I went to bed at 10 pm last night. Woke up at 6:15. Took a nap from 8:30-9:30 and another nap from 11:15-12:50. At 7:30 this evening I said to Scott "I'm ready for bed."

Obviously I haven't gone to bed yet, but it's now 8:48 pm and I'm definitely ready. Everything gets exaggerated when you're pregnant. Maybe it's cuz my body is working twice as hard? Who knows.

Doc appointment today. He said I'm on cruise control with this pregnancy. I guess it's a good thing when they don't really have anything to discuss with you because it means that everything is going well. I do have to take the dreaded glucose test sometime this week. Ugh. I plan on not eating sugar for at least two days before I take it. I DO NOT want to take the 3 hour test. Thinking about it makes me want to vomit.

On a lighter note, in 4 weeks I have another appointment. I'll be 32 weeks. After that, 5 weeks til I'm full term. After that, the baby can come anytime he wants. I'm hoping for just after Christmas.

It seems like it's going so fast. Sometimes it goes slow though. Mostly fast. Especially when I think about everything I want to accomplish between now and then. I think it's a good thing I'm not working.

I made a list tonight of all these meals I want to make and put in my freezer. I know we'll probably be taken care of with food for a week or maybe two. But after that? It's so easy to pull something out and pop it in the oven. So in November I will tackle my list of freezer meals and my freezer will be full to bursting of delicious home cooked meals that just have to be cooked. Not to mention it'll give me more things to do! Yay!

I feel like such a mom. And I don't even have a kid...yet.

1 comment:

  1. Omg I remember how tired I was. I don't think anybody could really understand unless they had been pregnant before. Its rediculous. The glucose test wasn't so bad but yeah all that sugar! Also about the meals.. we did that too. I made sure I had a week full of meals. Funny thing though, my mom took care of me for two weeks and cooked, then my ward did a week, then my sister came to visit and insisted on cooking, and then finally after like a month and a half we had meals in the freezer to eat. Plus other friends from different wards insisted on making food! It was fabulous and I learned a few more favorite recipes of what other people brought me. I hope you have the same fortune! So I haven't sent you anything yet because I want to wait to see what you really need, after all the gifts. Where are you registered?

    ReplyDelete