Wednesday, October 27, 2010

P.S.

P.S.

I'm feeling a little guilty after that post I wrote about baby nursery's.

I apologize if I offended anyone. I really think the name on the wall is really cute. I also think totally decked out nursery's are really cute. If I had unlimited money I'd go all out with everything from Pottery Barn Kids. But, I don't have money. Thus, I am choosing to go a different route. Stick with the basics. Shop the thrift stores. Decorate but don't over-do it. I totally respect people who go all out and spend lots of money. We just don't have it.

As for naming the child before they're born...totally personal decision. I like to stick with the traditional way of seeing him before naming. Especially since we have 4 boy names we really like. But, I know plenty of people who only have one name they can agree on. And once the baby is born, he'll grow into that name. If we were having a girl, she'd be Jocelyn. We don't love any other girl names. Though I probably wouldn't put it on a wall, especially not until after I saw her and made sure that's what her name would be. I'm just old fashioned that way. But I think people who choose names before the baby is born are totally fine. It's totally respectable and I enjoy hearing what they're gonna name their kid.

So, I'm sorry. I apologize. Please don't take offense to what I said. After chatting with a good friend, I realized it was a rather hypocritical post. I've been saying how I hate things that people say to me, and it really makes me feel bad. Then I go and write a post that could be really offensive to some. Moral of the story? I'm working on not being offended and just loving my body. And if I offended you, I'm sorry. See it as an opportunity to not take offense and just love your own personality.

2 comments:

  1. It's all good! I think we all need to have pretty thick skin when it comes to any advice about kids. I thought, being a child development major, that all my teachers for my major classes would have the same opinion. SO WRONG!! Even in the same school there are so many teachers who have so many different opinions. I think that's what makes parenting and decisions about children so difficult. Every baby and child are SOOO different, and when parents find something that works for one, suddenly they're telling all of us who don't have kids yet and trying to convert us to their ways!!

    I can't wait to see pictures of your nursery!! I swear I rearranged furniture in ours like seven times yesterday. Luckily it's all pretty easy to scoot. Wish it would've put me into labor, darn! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally offended lol. I think you made up for anything that could have offended someone, by the end of that post. And if you didn't catch the sarcasm.. I'm actually not offended. We also didn't have money or a baby room... more like a baby corner.

    ReplyDelete