Sunday, March 7, 2010

Recipe-Mexican Hat Dance in your mouth

I also decided that as I create and/or make amazing meals, I will post the recipe on here so you can partake (in your own way) a piece of the deliciousness that occurs within the Dodds' household.

Dinner tonight went like this:

"hmmm, hawww, what to make?" for about an hour. Followed by holding the fridge and freezer doors open simultanuously for about 10 minutes.

Tator tots....
Tortillas....
Cheese....
Quesadillas!!

As my mind kept going I kept getting more creative with the quesadillas. This is what the finished product looked like (well, reads like....)

1 Chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
Olive oil
S/P
Garlic salt
Garlic powder
Paprika
Cumin
Chili powder
Generously season. Saute.
Add some sliced onions. About 1/4-1/2 a medium onion. Saute til softish

On tortilla layer:
cheese (colby jack is a fave)
chicken/onion mixture
salsa (medium picante sauce for us)
sour cream

Sprinkle a little more cheese to "glue" the lid and grill.

Mexican hat dance in your mouth. Try it.

We thought it would be good with tomatoes, avacadoes or guac, olives, red peppers, rice or beans maybe. Easy and yummy.

The tator tots weren't really part of the excitement, but seriously, who doesn't love tots?

1 comment:

  1. I wish I was as creative and talented as you. I got confused just reading what you did.

    ReplyDelete