Tuesday, March 9, 2010

peppermint cake? never again

I made a cake last night. A chocolate, vanilla, pepperminty cake with (literally) marshmallow cream "frosting."

Don't worry, it's for a teacher's birthday today.

I don't think I'll ever make the cake again. It was majorly labor intensive and too many steps. Hopefully it'll taste good!

I seriously need help with this diet thing. I'm having the hardest time! It's so hard for me to eat less calories and avoid sugar. I don't know what it is, but it seriously is the hardest thing I've done. Or not done considering I haven't been very good at it... Baby steps, right?

I love the color green. Thus, I love St. Patricks Day and leprechauns. So do my kindergarteners. Funny how something the teacher loves can make them love it too. I love teaching. It is the BEST JOB in the world!

And I can't believe Utah state people are trying to pass bills and all this crap to reduce public school funding. Do they not realize that school is WAY more important than just about anything else except family and church? It's how these little people learn to grow and function in this world. That's where they learn how to be a citizen and learn what they need to grow up and have a job that will provide for a family. Kids can't learn the things they need in an environment of 45 other kids with one teacher. Are they crazy? I seriously cannot believe it. One reason I'm so glad to be leaving Utah and going to work in Missouri! It just blows me away that state legislators think it's okay to have 50 kids to 1 teacher. Maybe they should try doing what we do...they would fail. Miserably.

Anyway, enough of my tangent. I've gotta get ready for my kids. Wahoo! (they seriously keep me sane...and insane.)

1 comment: