Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hungry for a....

Do I write in this too much??

I feel like I go in little spurts, but sometimes I just have things I really want to say.

Like now.

Thinking about all our friends in the ward who are about to have babies this week, looking at pictures of other little babies, playing with my little nephews, and having the family make speculations about who this "future baby Dodds" is on the family brackets, is all making me rather baby hungry.

I know some day we'll be pregnant. But sometimes I just wish it was now.

And then Karli and Krystal come over and tell me their prego horror stories....that makes me not so hungry anymore :-)

We're doing soccer this spring again. I'm really excited about it because I've been working out so hard and I feel like I can actually run around and not feel like passing out! I hope it's true...I'm tempted to leave weights a little early to get more soccer time in. Wahoo!

P.S. I just looked in the mirror and either my pants are just stretched out or my butt has decreased in size. :-( Oh, and my boobs? Yeah, they used to be small, now they're like mosquito bites. The only downsize of working out....

P.P.S. I want to start a recipe blog since I love cooking and doing new recipes. I'm thinking about either Karissa's Creations or Champagne Taste on a Beer Budget. With the 2nd one I'd include prices of ingredients to see how much you can save on food. Suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great idea! ...the blog thing!

    I'm 7 weeks pregnant and i'm absolutely miserable...I don't want to sound awful or depressing, but here's the thing i've found:

    I wish this was our 2nd baby...or any other down the line. I definitely thing the first one is hardest. Parents always say, "oh, it's so worth it! You forget it all once you look into that baby face!" but we haven't really experienced that yet...it's hard to keep going and go to classes when I feel awful all the time. But you're doing a great thing by getting into shape!! That will help so much! :o)

    Good luck in your baby adventures :o) Mitch was super baby hungry before we got pregnant! We were perfect at doing everything we were supposed to do, but we still got pregnant a year and a half before WE wanted a baby...I guess the Lord has other plans! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was the baby-hungriest person alive for the first 9 months of our marriage. It was a hormonal disaster I tell you! It was that little pill... how's that for irony? You'll have a baby when the time is right - just keep enjoying life now and making yourself the best you can be.

    What about Karissa's Cuisine?

    ReplyDelete