Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Kindergarten+"leprechauns"= ....crazy!

So St. Patrick's day....in kindergarten. I should've known it was going to be crazy. Our day was totally normal until we came back from P.E. Luckily it was the last 30 minutes of the day. We walked in to a disaster! A leprechaun had visited our room, trashed it, and left some chocolate gold. The kids were so hyped! For the rest of the day it was "the leprechaun did this!" "the leprechaun took that!" "he stole my scissors!"

My favorite was one of my favorite kids. "EVERYONE, BE QUIET!!! We want him to come back and you're being too noisy!"

Priceless.

Especially because he is ALWAYS talking and moving. And he couldn't wait to tell me every single thing he thought about the leprechaun. I must admit, it was fun.

Later in the afternoon, the leprechaun visited again, tripped our trap but didn't get caught, left footprints and some cookies. The hype started again.

It's amazing how concerned 5 and 6 year olds can be about a simple leprechaun trap...

Anyway, I told them the cookies might be poison. They didn't believe me. So I asked for a brave person to try one. Everyone raised their hand. It was cute. They all got cookies. What a crazy fun day. I love teaching. It's fun. (and hard)

In other news, I love the feeling that running 4.5 mph is too slow now. :-) I ran 5.6 for 65 minutes at .5 incline, running 6 mph for the last few minutes. Burned 670 calories. Woot woot!

Becky....I bet I can keep up with you easier now!!

Carrie...I don't know who created that delicious enchilada recipe you made that one night, but now whenever I make it I call it "Carrie's Enchiladas." So yummy! Maybe I'll post the recipe here one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment