Friday, March 5, 2010

the bag.

So let's just say my diet took a turn for the worst on Thursday. Here are some picture clues:

The cocoa bean. Remember, I've been craving this for a week? yeah...not what I was expecting. Maybe I need to try a different flavor?


We decided to forgo homemade soup and throw in a pizza...



I bought these from one of my students BEFORE the diet....and just barely got them. Seriously. Who can resist a Samoa? Only the most amazing cookie ever made. Maybe the box is gone??


We had a teacher development day for our district. After lunch they brought out the candy. Almond joys, laffy taffy, famous amos cookies...maybe I was feeling...naw, I don't think I was feeling or thinking.



Oh yeah, and on Thursday, since it was snowing (why is that an excuse?) I decided to NOT work out and hang out with Scott eatin pizza and samoas. Was it fun? Very. Was it worth it? Probably. Did I go to sleep feeling like crap? ABSOLUTELY. But I missed him and it was good.


Today I realized a tragic thing. My beloved teal purse that Scott purchased for me for my 21st birthday, that is a perfect teacher bag, that is the best color, that is my favorite bag, is broken! The strap is seriously hanging by a thread.


I let him know this by telling him I needed a new purse. Then I decided maybe we would make a Target run in the near future to check out my options and debate what I could do.


But what really happened?

He walked in from school as I was stepping out of the shower.

"Honey, I have a suprise for you...." (usually this means a hug or kiss or nothing too big)

Then he whipped out this freakin amazing, incredible, most awesome color, (my favorite color) green bag from behind his back! He definitely has the best taste in purses! (You can't see the full beauty of this beauty because the color isn't quite right on my camera. It's a very vibrant kelly green.)


A rather humorous, inappropriate (but appropriate for marrieds) conversation then took place. For a brief moment he mentioned that he should return it, then bring it back to me, then return it, then bring it back, pretty much every day for, ya know, good reasons.


Then we made spaghetti with meat sauce (I really like Ragu!) The end.

4 comments:

  1. Bahaha! I love married people. Also, you are so lucky to have a husband that will pick out purses for you. My husband would never even attempt that. He's pretty sure purses have cooties. It's like pulling teeth to get him to hold if for just a second while I put my jacket on or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are the coolest! Haha GREAT story:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always lost my diet when I went to teacher workshops!!! You NEED chocolate by the afternoon and it was way too hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your husband sure knows when to give gifts...I am sure I know what happened next! Gosh! I miss being married!!!!!!!! Haha.

    ReplyDelete