Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Oh geez

Oh wow. This week has been crazy. And it's only the 2nd day of the week. My kids were crazy today! Or maybe I was cranky? Or both? I'm not sure. Anyway, the morning was pretty good, but the afternoon was really loud. I did a reading group with 3 boys...ooh, not really the best idea.

Anyway. My diet is still going okay. I think I need to work harder. I get going really good the first 3 days, then I start tapering off and slacking off. I wish there was an easy way to make your body how you want it. I'm doing AWESOME at working out, but not great at eating.

When I'm tired, I eat.
Hungry, I eat.
Sad, I eat.
Happy, I eat.
Bored, I eat.

Not good.

But I am happy because I can run on the treadmill at 5.5 mph on a .5 incline for 60 minutes and be fine! Wahoo! That's a big accomplishment for me. It's not really pain free, but I can do it. Next goal is 1.0 incline at 6.0 mph.

I haven't really made anything delicious and healthy to blog about....but I love taco salad! And Activia Light Peach Yogurt. 70 calories of deliciousness.

P.S. I just found this calorie counting thing that could calculate how many calories you need eat to lose 1 pound a week...it said I could eat like 2300 since I'm exercising 60 minutes every day (which I am!). Definitely made me feel good about my goal of 1200-1400!! I guess I don't have to feel THAT bad if I go over 1300 now...but I still wanna keep it closer to 12. Some days (like today) are just hard not to walk to the office and take a handful of yummy chocolate!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You're doing so well! I'm so impressed with the running thing! I can't do half of that for half the amount of time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karissa! I found your blog through my mom's facebook page. You and your hubby are super cute! Totally impressed with the running (I pretty much only run if something with teeth is chasing me)! Have you tried spin classes? They are awesome and you can burn a ton of calories! Then you can eat more because really only 1300 calories a day? That's so few!

    ReplyDelete