Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Fever anyone?

Today I was reminded by a fellow teacher....9 weeks of school left.

9 Weeks???? What the crud!? When did that happen?

I am SO happy Spring Break is in 2 weeks. My kids need it to.

In the past 3 school days I've had kids kept in from recess every day. They cannot keep their hands to themselves! For some reason they think it's okay to hit boys in the head, sit on heads, and shove each other over. I'm not tolerating it anymore.

My mentor and principal both had great ideas...give them an incentive to work toward: extra recess time. Instead of taking it away alot, give them a way to earn extra time. I'm gonna try it. They need it. It's crazy.

Other than that I just cut off the bush on Scott's head. Yay! I don't always enjoy cutting his hair, but it looks sooo much better when it's short. And I know he appreciates it. :-)

P.S. Only 4 months until we move to St. Louis! Wahoo! It'll be a crazy, new exciting adventure. And it will be really nice to be totally on our own in our own place. Yay!


1 comment:

  1. Yay St. Louis! Yay, med school! I'm jealous that we're not as far along as you guys! Our baby will be SEVEN YEARS OLD by the time Mitch is a doctor!! INSANE!!! I'm just glad I have a nice girl's blog to read who's a few years ahead of us so we can get plenty of advice from you guys!!

    ReplyDelete