Friday, March 19, 2010

Life goes on, right?

Lessons I learned yesterday:

1. When a kid aggressively pushes 2 kids to the floor in the first 20 minutes of the morning, it's good to take him to the principal. If he misses recess, then throws a screaming fit and bangs the wall while screaming and walking down the hall back to the office, he will be (and did get) sent home.
2. When a different kid is punching a girl in line, it's time to have a serious talk about "hands to yourself. Always."
3. When a different kid tries to run away from you DURING an assembly, then loses recess, then cries DURING the assembly, you better follow through with consequences.
4. When all these things happen in one day, it's a crummy day.
5. Sometimes you can announce and remind a billion times about a math night after school, and only 3 of your 20 students will show up.
6. March Madness is called MADness for a reason.... Husbands mad (crazy) about basketball, wives mad at husbands.
7. When you fall asleep and continue having dreams of what your day was like, but worse, it could be called a living nightmare.
8. My eyes look so green after I've cried.

I am a good teacher, right?

Dreaming of a cruise is my happy place right now. And I need a good, midwest thunderstorm.

5 comments:

  1. Of course you are a good teacher. 5 year olds are just crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true! YOU are wonderful...THEY are crazy! They're probably just testing your ability to follow through, which is lucky for you because we all know you do a great job at consequences and following through! You're going to be the best mama ever after you're done wrestling 20 5 year-olds!! :o)

    PS--I miss the thunderstorms too! We'll be at home in August so i'm sure we'll get a few while we're there! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could send you one of the thunderstorms we ha last week! I do look forward to them out here! You are an incredible teacher!!!! I once had to have the principal and another male teacher come pry one of my students away from under hid desk while he was swearing ou of control! That was a bad day too! Kids can wear you out completely sometimes! I guarantee that you'll never name your kids after those kids! Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was typing that last comment one-handed...sorry I have so many typos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i go through so much of that, "AM i good stuff." you are good I promise.

    ReplyDelete