Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I survived Girls Camp! And came back with some pictures, too

It's really hard for me to not write about running. So here's my one running plug for the day: I ran for the first time in a week yesterday and it felt great. I ran slower than I have in awhile, but we're trying to prevent injury. Running is freedom for me.

Now, let's talk Girl's Camp.
The weather was perfect.
The bugs were minimal.
The lake felt amazing.
The girls were spectacular.
It was more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

But is a barrel of monkeys really that fun? Or mostly just a little scary? 

I'm sticking with fun. 
Here's some pictures.
With some captions.
Because this is a blog, and not Facebook.

The rifle range.
Of course I loved it.
Thanks for teaching me everything I know, Dad!


Lovely form for the back two girls.

Let me tell you something about Girl's Camp...
Sometimes when you put a bunch of girls together for a week
it gets silly
borderline weird
but the best part, is that everyone is silly and weird
so in reality, it's COOL.

See how cool?
She might hate me later...

We are oozing with coolness.
In fact, people were jealous of our glasses.
Also, we were trying to make nerdy faces.

Epitome of cool.

Also at Girl's Camp, there are random Rock Out! moments
this was one of them

Our whole gang.
all 6 of our girls
and 4 of our leaders
We have a familiar resemblance to some famous green turtles I think...

Horses!

I chose not to participate in this one.
I'm still a little skittish around horses because of what happened last time...
maybe I should write about it one day

My favorite summer thing in the world:
boating.
I could spend every day for the entire summer on a boat in the lake and I would be a happy, happy girl.

This is my favorite picture of me.
I think I look cool.
and tan.
and boaterish.
I'm only slightly conceited.



Boating again!
These girls were dying to go and it didn't take much to convince me!



Rappelling and rock climbing.
Unfortunately, we ran out of time so I only got to rappel.
I figured when we move to Idaho I'll have plenty more opportunities to try real rock climbing.
It looked safer than I was expecting.
I think I could do it.
Also, it's a good thing this picture was taken from the front.
With helmets and people to cover up the harnesses.

See the green tent?
See that red tent?
We slept in the red tent.
Our food stayed in the green tent.
They are less than 10 feet apart.
The first night I didn't sleep because I thought a raccoon was in our tent.
He was really trying to get food from the green tent.
The next night I found some earplugs.


I told ya I was really cool.

Our group was "from Britain"
so one of the girls made bonnets.
Legit bonnets.
It took her hours.
She's the bomb.com

See where I am? With the hat?
See the girl to my left, kneeling? She's the bomb.com bonnet maker.
Also, about a billion people thought I was one of the girls.
Do I really look that young?
...never mind, don't answer.

This wasn't even all of the gear.
It went into two and a half cars.

Headed home.
Dirty.
Sweaty.
Some covered in bug bites 
some not
And filled with fun, happy, memories of another spectacular year at camp.

Ticks were executed by fire and explosion.
Giant spiders in tent were killed with shoes.
Races with turtles were held.
All in all, the best week of my summer!
Thanks girls!!!


Oh, and I should mention we're moving.
In a month.
To an apartment that's closer to campus.
I am SO. dang. excited.
and happy.





4 comments:

  1. wow! Coming home from girls camp AND moving in the next month? Girls camp always took me forever to recover from :o)

    Sounds like you had a blast!! That camp looked nice too! I loved reading your mom's blog post about taking care of B. How awesome that she got him all to herself for a week; my mom would kill for that!

    So, "when you move to Idaho", eh? That would only put us a couple hours away if you moved to Twin! Keep us posted; we'll have to get together and let the boys play! (The big ones and the little ones! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I wish our girl's camp were that cool. I would pretend to be a teenager forever if we had activities like that. Those bonnets totally rock! I think I just might have to go and watch some Pride and Prejudice or maybe a bit of Emma to get my fix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha runaway horse?

    http://atunnelofwonderfulthings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like Girl's Camp was a blast! Those bonnets are seriously awesome. I love all the goofy pictures - that is SO girl's camp, I love it.

    Oh, and my favorite phrase from this post? "when we move to Idaho." YEAH!

    ReplyDelete