Thursday, June 17, 2010

good news!

We found a place in St. Louis! Manchester actually...but close to school!

Mom and I headed out Wednesday afternoon and after about 3 1/2 hours we arrived in Chesterfield. From about 2:30-5:30 we saw 6 places! That's a ton. I found one I liked quite a bit but didn't feel settled.

We spent the night at Lambert's (THANK YOU!) and had tons of fun talking and searching more places. I had about 10 to go to Thursday. We left around 10:15 am to search.

1st stop was to visit Kathryn and the kids. It was fun! Her kids are SO dang cute! And Cameron is so happy and smiley. On the way my mom made the GPS upset....

"recalculation..." "recalculation..." "observe speed limit." "observe speed limit."

HAHAHA! We laughed for awhile.

After the we drove around and stopped at a bunch more places. Finally around 4:30 we decided on one place (after consulting Scott of course) and went to fill out paperwork. It's a little more expensive than we were hoping but not by much. 2 bed, 2 bath, washer dryer, storage closest, balcony, etc.

Not to mention the location is beautiful! It's totally nestled up a hill through a residential neighborhood tucked away in a forest. Our backyard is literally a forest and totally shaded so we'll miss the late sun. yay! It's also very quiet and away from traffic and cars. I'm very excited about it! I'll definitely feel safe walking around without Scott. And it's in Manchester so it's close to everything and about 10 or 12 minutes from Logan. WAHOOO!!!

So now we're back. What a fun, busy, fast, and cool road trip with mom. I will post pictures as soon as I get back to Utah!

p.s. Chesterfield and the Logan campus is so incredibly beautiful. I've never seen so many huge trees, rolling hills, and gorgeous open fields. Ahhh! :-)

4 comments:

  1. you got to go to Lamberts?!?! I LOVE THAT PLACE!! Last time we were close to there I was carsick and couldn't eat. It was so sad. glad you found a place

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha we didn't eat at Lambert's, we have some friends whose last name is Lambert. Lol. I've heard it's so good, but haven't been!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for the second bedroom for visitors!! And yeah for your return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!! Congrats!! :o) I'm so excited for you guys: forget visitors--fill that second bedroom with a BABY!!! :o) St. Louis can be dangerous--you guys were smart to go see it in person so you don't end up with some inner-city scary place!! :o) Ohh i'm so happy and I can't wait to see pics of this gorgeous place! You have to put them up when you guys get settled in!!

    ReplyDelete