Sunday, June 6, 2010

I'm not smart enough for a smartphone

So Scott and I FINALLY got new phones yesterday! We've had the same old clunkers since our wedding almost 2 years ago, and you know how fast technology changes. Not too mention at the time we were poor so we got the crappy free phones that come with a new plan.

Well, we decided to change our plan a little and upgrade to new phones. So, we found some at the T-mobile store. The lady totally talked them up and said how awesome they are (she's right), but they were $45 each!

I didn't wanna pay that much, so I said "hmm, well, I like them alot but I just wonder if I can find them cheaper somewhere else..."

I think she really wanted to make a sale because she came back pretty quick with a "I'll give em to you free. Pay the 100 bucks today and send in the 100 dollar rebate to get it back."

So we got em!

Nokia Neuron 5230. I guess they're supposed to be pretty dang cool phones. We also got a phone 1st, data 2nd internet deal so I have internet on mine. Scott didn't want it since he has an i-touch and can get wi-fi.

Funny thing is, I have no idea how to use a touch screen. And it's totally different. I could not figure it out yesterday! It took like 10 minutes to write and send a 4 word text. Wow. I've gotten used to it more though, and I can at least text if nothing else! :-)

Summer school starts tomorrow! I'm glad I'll have something to do but that it's only M-Th 8-11 am. I still have time for other stuff. Which is good because I haven't done ANY packing or cleaning and in my mind and on my calendar, June is almost over! Ah!

Kansas next week. YES!

Edit:

I'm totally laughing because I just checked out the weather and we're under a Severe Thunderstorm Warning. Yet, the storm cell is quite north and moving east, northeast. I think Utah is funny. If it actually hits us, that would be pretty cool! But, I have lots of doubts. I also think it's funny that they issue a warning that big (it extends down to Provo too) for a cell that looks pretty tiny. Oh Utah... :-)

3 comments:

  1. haha how funny!! I love good cell phone deals! I was HORRIBLE at my touch screen phone--we got ours buy one for $49 get one free, so we did it! Getting the rebates back was awesome, too! Except I totally smashed my screen the other day...I honestly cried over it! I don't know if it was the hormones or how much I love the phone (and how late at night it was) or both!! Our awesome Verizon friend, who sold us our phones and gave us super deals, backdated a new insurance plan on it to May 8th; all we have to do is wait until TOMORROW to make a claim (you can't make one w/in 30 days). But how awesome is that!? What employee lets you add insurance to a damaged phone and then backdates the start date so we can make a claim!? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what I'd do without thunderstorms, I love them! Midwesterners must just be so used to every type of weather

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have had a couple of really good thunderstorms up here. I don't think they come close to being in the midwest, but when it shakes your house because it is so loud... I think that is pretty darn cool! I love Utah's many changing seasons, especially in the mountains!

    ReplyDelete