Thursday, June 24, 2010

healthy food! yum!

So I'm really trying to make a huge effort to be more healthy with meals, cooking and eating in general. I've gained some weight in the past month or so and I definitely don't like it! So, the past couple days have been fabulous! I have to share the delicious things we've been eating. (thanks mom!)

Lunch:
bruschetta with humus on a whole wheat pita (bruschetta is just chopped roma tomatoes, chopped olives, chopped onion, garlic, salt and pepper, a tiny olive oil and a tiny balsamic vinegar, oh and a little fresh basil.)
Dinner:
Zupa's (I couldn't eat anything else...)
Lunch:
bruschetta again (yum!)
Dinner:
a "flat, round" egg with two pieces of canadian bacon stuffed in a whole wheat pita
Breakfast:
scrambled eggs with milk, cheese, bacon bits, zucchini, and peppers in a whole wheat pita
Lunch:
Salad with shrimp, croutons, bacon bits, cashews, tomatoes, cucumber, zucchini, olives, green onion, apple, peppers, feta cheese, and I'm not sure what else. SO yummy! Add a little caeser dressing and it's delicious.

I've been loving it and it's been fun to eat, not sure about Scott. He'll eat it but he says he doesn't want to be healthy. lol. I'll train him ;-) I got him to eat zucchini hidden in the salad! hehe. Now my sister Shayla is over and suggested making german pancakes....hmmm... :-)


2 comments:

  1. I love eating healthy, it feels so good, physically and mentally! Too bad I usually vote for the German Pancakes! Thanks for sharing the healthy recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummm!!! I wish I could cook! I'm trying! :o)

    You should try buying Scott a bag of his favorite candy and then letting him hide it somewhere...that way he can have a little sweet when he wants it, and he can eat a lotta healthy with you! :o)

    PS--I LOOOOVE raw zucchini!! It tastes like cucumbers when mixed with other things like in a salad! Go you! :o)

    ReplyDelete